So I got another pedal. What a good week. It's an EHX Memory Boy. Got it for $60 off CL. I was looking for some sort of analog delay, and was aiming for a Carbon Copy, but I couldn't pass this up.

This week's new boys:

Review:

I've never owned a good Analog Delay, so this is pretty new to me. I'll edit this later once I get enough experience with it for a proper review. So far, however, it's really warm, and very dark. I noticed that the delayed parts seem to degrade and become a little lo-fi, but it's pretty charming. I need to find some presets online that people use because I find it to be a little complex at times. The blending is pretty cool, and the delay time range is pretty good. The feedback settings are fun; self-oscillation is pretty cool but can get pretty wild. Good review to come soon.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Last edited by Kevy Absolution at Jul 12, 2010,
Quote by Kevy Absolution
I was looking for some sort of analog delay, and was aiming for a Carbon Copy, but I couldn't pass this up

Good, 'cause this is much better than a carbon copy
HNPD! I saw the thread title and with the type of "delay" you added to it I was hoping you wouldn't post a digital! I have a Boss DD-7 and it works great. Tried the Carbon Copy with my Mark V but it just sucked tone, hows the Memory boy with tone suckage?
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
My MXR Chorus is a wicked pre-Dunlop one. I play through a Blues JR and it is great. Real wet; I use it for clean blues and when I'm playing acoustic songs on my electric. Zamorak is gonna put in a 9v adapter for me since the lack of LED means I can't tell if its on and it saps battery.

The Memory Boy is actually different than the Carbon Copy because it doesn't deliver those pure, "U2" exact repeats: the modulation really gives a little gain and can get VERY warped; I have to keep the depth knob very low. I love it though. Tone isn't taken away completely but it is masked.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Last edited by Kevy Absolution at Jul 12, 2010,
HNPD! Did you build that pedal board yourself?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
HNPD! Did you build that pedal board yourself?

I did, yes. Quite proud. There's a thread about it but I can always give you instructions.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Last edited by Kevy Absolution at Jul 13, 2010,
Quote by Kevy Absolution
I did, yes. Quite proud. There's a thread about it but j can always give you instructions.

Please do, I had a thread about it, but I didn't get any good responses...Its in my profile I guess...

Thanks!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!