I played 2 amps, the vox ac15c1 and the marshall haze 40w combo. I got some good tones out of both amps, and I just want you guys' opinion on which I should get.

I play in my bedroom. I want great cleans, and I liked both clean channels. The vox had better cleans but I liked both. also I want a good crunch. I don't play any metal. I play mostly alternative and rock, stuff like switchfoot and relient k. the marshall could get more gain tha the vox, but I don't need super high gain. And I could just get a distortion pedal if I go with the vox.

which do you guys think is the better amp?
Last edited by chandlerj at Jul 12, 2010,
I haven't played either of these amps, but I did recently buy a Vox Night Train because of its clean tone. I've been playing around with it, and so far it's been great. I'd definitely recommend Vox amps. I've also heard that the Marshall Haze series isn't great. And when I typed "Marshall Haze" in my Google search bar, one of the top recommendations was "Marshall Haze Problems"...
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Go with the Vox, I personally am not a fan of Marshall amps not even the high end ones which some artist swear by.

Vox on the other hand makes excellent amps.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I dig the Night Train too and the Egnater Tweaker

Yea, if you're stuck between the Marshall and Vox, definitely try out the Egnater Tweaker. It models both sounds nicely, as well as a decent Fender tone, all with the flick of a switch.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
i am going to recommend an Egnater Rebel or Tweaker. the marshall haze didn't impress me much at all, especially at that price. the Nice thing about the Egnater Rebel is that it is a two channel with a tube mix function to blend marshally tone with american tone, it also has a variable wattage from 1 to 20 watts. the tweaker just really cool. they are both definitely worth a look before you drop the cash.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am going to recommend an Egnater Rebel or Tweaker. the marshall haze didn't impress me much at all, especially at that price. the Nice thing about the Egnater Rebel is that it is a two channel with a tube mix function to blend marshally tone with american tone, it also has a variable wattage from 1 to 20 watts. the tweaker just really cool. they are both definitely worth a look before you drop the cash.

The Rebel 30 has 2 channels, and variable wattage between 1 and 30 watts.

The Rebel 20 has 1 channel, and variable wattage between 1 and 20 watts.

It sounds like you mixed the two together...just thought I'd clarify!
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.