Page 1 of 2
Hey Metal Thread, what are a few Metal bands (aside from Maiden) with guitarists who have used Fender Stratocasters? I'm trying to prove a point to one of my friends, that Strats can be used in Metal, not just Blues and Rock.
I saw an Obituary music video and he had one. Same thing though strat shape but not sure if it was.
Quote by technicolour
blink 182

lol
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Lol, I've always thought Starts are for that (cause of the single-coils). But a guitar can do it all! And I don't really know much bands that play with a strat,

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

I'm sure one makes an appearance in the video for One by Metallica.

edit: ninja'd. sadface.
Quote by Damaged Roses
Lol, I've always thought Starts are for that (cause of the single-coils). But a guitar can do it all! And I don't really know much bands that play with a strat,

really

I think more than half the guitarists I've ever met have owned some sort of "strat" guitar
Quote by technicolour
blink 182

Kill Yourself.

Srs post, KH in the "I Disappear" vid, DAVE MURRAY
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
Kill Yourself.

Srs post, KH in the "I Disappear" vid, DAVE MURRAY

*reported*

We don't take kind to that kind of talk in these parts.
Quote by Cambyses
iron fucking maiden you retards

Quote by phlip999
Hey Metal Thread, what are a few Metal bands (aside from Maiden) with guitarists who have used Fender Stratocasters? I'm trying to prove a point to one of my friends, that Strats can be used in Metal, not just Blues and Rock.

Quote by phlip999
what are a few Metal bands (aside from Maiden) with guitarists who have used Fender Stratocasters?

Quote by phlip999
(aside from Maiden)

Quote by phlip999
(aside from Maiden)

Just sayin'.
The "strat" in the One video is an ESP Vintage Plus. IDK besides Maiden and Jim Root.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Jul 12, 2010,
Jerry Cantrell from Alice in Chains, if you consider them 'metal', has used a Fender Strat in the past; look closely and you'll see it in the video for Them Bones. Other than him, I'm pretty sure the Sepultura guitarist uses one. Kirk Hammett has been seen to use one; there was a live vid where he plays one during The Unforgiven.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Quote by Magero
Just sayin'.

i'm drunk right now man cut me some slack i have a lot of stress
i am the moonstar
Quote by Magero
We coo', bro. We coo'.

and here we see Magero and Cambyses acting fucking fabulous, you damn arrogant pricks

Quote by Magero
Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful.

I don't hate you because you're beautiful..I hate you because you're a pigeon.

ಥ_ಥ
Quote by severed-metal
I don't hate you because you're beautiful..I hate you because you're a pigeon.

ಥ_ಥ

jealous much
i am the moonstar
ralf santolla has played a fender

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
You two are talking as if you're only the only damn birds around these parts.

I'm a dove. A beautiful, graceful..Dove. YOU THINK YOU CAN HANDLE MY WORLD.

Nah. Aint gonna happen. I live in the roughest side of town. A dove like me, flies 4 feet and gets the shit kicked out of him by crows. Man, you don't know. You both don't know my life.

A pigeon took my eye. A damn pigeon. You think i'll recover from that? Yeah, I will. I already have. Been back through hell, and look where I am.

Right back at the bottom, babay.

You think my life is easy? Well it's not, i'm gonna be jealous, yeah. For real, see through my eye. Yeah, an eye joke, because i'm over my eye being taken by a damn pigeon.

But whatever. I know your life, and I wish I had it. But nah, two kids to feed. No home. No mother to my offspring, hit by a bus. Stayed by her side until she passed, and i'll never forget her last coos..

But you know what, you two act like you all that. But you know what, you aint been through shit. I'm the real mothafuckin bird of these forums, and don't you forget it.
Steven Henry, founding member and ex-guitarist of Neuraxis, used a green Strat from their first album all the way up to Trilateral Progression.
Tipton uses a black strat on some songs in the live section of the Electric Eye dvd, IIRC
Oh, also Tony Iommi played a strat in the very earliest days of Black Sabbath. And he played it for half the parts of one song on the self titled album, before it broke and he switched to his SG. So there you go, metal was founded by a strat player.
iron maiden

/thread
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Grimriffer
iron maiden

/thread

Please direct your attention to reply #17
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Quote by severed-metal
Nah man, we coo'

Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Page 1 of 2