Page 1 of 2
An example that comes to mind is Numb by Linkin Park.. Even though I've long since progressed from playing simple nu metal songs there's still something really satisfying about playing those powerchords in the chorus.

Anyone have any extremely simple songs that are just really fun to play for whatever reason?
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Iron Man?

edit: oh, also, inb4 Necrophagist olololo.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Last edited by damian_91 at Jul 12, 2010,
Any Pixies song.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
for some reason i really enjoy playing Remembering Sunday by All Time Low, played it a gig at uni as part of my acoustic set, and a week later ma and the girl i pretty much sang it for got together, so its sorta cool
i'm Ginger its fun
Old Green Day. Excluding Brain Stew, which is non-technical to the point of boredom.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Anarchy in the U.K. The song is like 5 power chords and an impossibly easy guitar solo. And yet, there is nothing quite like yelling out the lyrics while pounding away at the chords...except perhaps playing Minor Threat by Minor Threat. That song is also about 5 chords. But without a guitar solo. But its fun as hell to play.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Quote by SteveHouse
Old Green Day. Excluding Brain Stew, which is non-technical to the point of boredom.

Still kinda funny to see the look on beginners' faces when they realize how retardedly easy it is to play.

And I agree, Green Day before they started writing broadway musicals.
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Last edited by vartanspartan at Jul 12, 2010,
Quote by SteveHouse

i'm Ginger its fun
for whom the bell tolls, metallica. Its a metallica song but its the easiest one ever. It`s mostly slow powerchords and a very simple lead
Breakin` the Law!
Quote by That Old Geezer
wild thing, i play it behind my back and with my teeth, never gets old.
Definitely this. Play it with a bit of fuzz, TS, for that Hendrix feel.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Most The Rasmus songs, like No Fear (which is somewhat gay, but incredibly awesome haha) and Necrophagist (lol, jk jk)

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

Anything by Nirvana, and Velvet underground.
I love playing 'Here she comes now' on an acoustic.
Just like nothing beats playing that verse riff in 'Lounge act'.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
salute your solution- the raconteurs, 4 power chords excluding the solo but oh so fun
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Furnace Funeral by Bloodbath. Probably more technical than what this thread was going for, but it's mostly chord riffs and tremolo picking, and probably the most fun song I know how to play.

That, or Working Man by Rush, with all the solos improvised. That's a fantastic song.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Quote by That Old Geezer
wild thing, i play it behind my back and with my teeth, never gets old.

You must have long teeth!
also, try some newer Nightwish, like Amaranth or Bye Bye beautiful, pretty catchy

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

I love me some Stone Temple Pilots once in a while. Very simple, but really fun to play.
Iron Maiden.

I don't know how good you are at guitar, but their songs are great fun to play. Powerslave, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Aces High, etc.

They're not 'extremely' simple, but they're easy enough in my opinion.
Polly by Nirvana. I dunno, I could sit for hours with my acoustic and strum that song over and over. Same way with Man in the Box by Alice in Chains; there's something immensely satisfying about that riff, and the simple chorus chords. And of course, nothing beats that awesome bridge breakdown to Creeping Death from Metallica.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Most everything by RHCP.
You can even go improvising the solos too - more fun
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Blitzkrieg Bop. Follows the simple I-IV-V pattern for the whole song, I think.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by Oyface
You must have long teeth!

nah i have normal teeth, just takes practice. I just pray to god a string never breaks while I teeth pick.
Quote by That Old Geezer
nah i have normal teeth, just takes practice. I just pray to god a string never breaks while I teeth pick.

You didn't really get my joke, did you?
No one mentioned Rammstein yet?!?
The main riff in Ich tu dir weh is so frickin' fun to play and headbang along with!
Jbab
Quote by '93
amazing...you sir deserve a lol stack

Quote by Oyface
You didn't really get my joke, did you?

i did get it, i just don't wanna have the reputation that i'm part beaver
Quote by That Old Geezer

Why? I love beaver

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by That Old Geezer

Why, does a beaver pick with his teeth while the guitar is on his back? That was my joke, you said you played with it on your back, and with your teeth

.. Not funny now that I had to explain it though
Page 1 of 2