Sometimes I find myself having a really detailed flashback where I feel the emotions that were present at the time. They are usually about conversations and other small things and I sometimes find myself talking when I snap out of it. Anyone else ever have this happen or am I going crazy?
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
happens to me all the time amigo

I actually try to avoid some places where I have the strongest memories because well...I dont want them again
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by UraniYum
Are you awake or out-of-body when these flashbacks happen?

It's sort of what happens when you space out. I'm not sure what you mean though. I usually keep doing what I'm doing when it happens. For example, if I'm getting dressed for work or something I'll start doing it but I'll keep getting dressed.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
I have these memories of little events that happen when I was pretty young. Like, too young to probably remember (< 4). My sister thinks I'm weird cuz I recall these insignificant events. She's just like, "Uhhhh, ok. Why the hell do you remember that?" I don't know.
Quote by RockGuitar92
It's sort of what happens when you space out. I'm not sure what you mean though. I usually keep doing what I'm doing when it happens. For example, if I'm getting dressed for work or something I'll start doing it but I'll keep getting dressed.

Not as strongly as yours sound. Did you take a lot of hallucinogenics when you were younger? I do remember conversations, and do the facial expressions when I'm on my own. Must look bizarre haha.
Yea, this happens to me all the time at work.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
Yeah, it's the price of having a picture perfect memory that you can't control. I can remember all these moments I had with my Ex, it drives me nuts all the time, cause something as small as a smell can trigger a memory and it's just like I'm reliving those joyful days. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I loath it.
Every now and then I completely space out, and remember when the guy died downstairs from me.
I didn't know him, but it was pretty gruesome to see(especially since I was only 11 when I saw it)
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by UraniYum
Not as strongly as yours sound. Did you take a lot of hallucinogenics when you were younger? I do remember conversations, and do the facial expressions when I'm on my own. Must look bizarre haha.

Nope. I have never done anything that could alter the state of my mind other than marijuana and alcohol. I haven't touched either one of those in ages though.

I mean in a way I like the flashbacks but they cause a lot of anxiety if I can't snap out of it.

Quote by ethan_hanus
Yeah, it's the price of having a picture perfect memory that you can't control. I can remember all these moments I had with my Ex, it drives me nuts all the time, cause something as small as a smell can trigger a memory and it's just like I'm reliving those joyful days. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I loath it.

When I was about 5 my kindergarten class was reading a book about a ghost on Halloween and we had a lot of candy corn in the room and it was a strong smell. Now almost every time I smell candy corn I get this image of a man (the ghost) and I get this strong fear overcome me.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Last edited by RockGuitar92 at Jul 12, 2010,
All the time! I don't know how to explain them other than it is similar to deja vu, but not deja vu because it isn't, "the same thing is happening," but, "I am remembering the experience just as it happened the first time." Mine are linked to thoughts, which are usually triggered by words or sequences of thought. I like to go on thought tangents, which is dangerous for me because I am very quick at linking random things together.

I guess it is dangerous because some of mine trigger panic attack like happenings, where I cannot function in thought or emotion (I'm pretty sure they aren't panic attacks because I can still function physically perfectly fine).

but yeah, I have flashbacks all the time.

foodit: I'm crazy though, so I don't know if this post would even help.

"Joe, until this moment I wasn't sure if you were crazy. I knew you were really weird and thought you were crazy, but I just wasn't sure. Now I am one hundred percent sure that you are out of your mind."
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Jul 12, 2010,
Quote by RockGuitar92
Nope. I have never done anything that could alter the state of my mind other than marijuana and alcohol. I haven't touched either one of those in ages though.

I mean in a way I like the flashbacks but they cause a lot of anxiety if I can't snap out of it.

Shit man, I took a fair few mind-alterers, and I ain't close to that. Some people are dreamers though, obviously. Seems like I'm the only one here who doesn't suffer badly from it.
yes. i have.
mine are usually moments of embarrassment, or anger.
and they usually put me in a temporary state of extreme rage.
i have some repressed memories that get trigged by smell alot. but ill remember things for a little while and it will be like im reliving the moment. but then it fades. and i cant remember it at all. i just remember remembering it - if that makes sense lol
Quote by spanishyanez
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a M0lliP0Ps?

the world may never know!

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
Quote by M0lliP0Ps
i have some repressed memories that get trigged by smell alot. but ill remember things for a little while and it will be like im reliving the moment. but then it fades. and i cant remember it at all. i just remember remembering it - if that makes sense lol

This makes no sense at all my dear.
Please explain.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
This makes no sense at all my dear.
Please explain.

hahah for some odd reason i knew when i posted that, that YOU would be the one to say something. LOL

ok say i have a flashback. they are usually not good memories. sometimes its things i never even knew happened. (dont ask) so in the moment i remember everything. like it was taking place right then and there. but when the "flashback" is over, i usually cant recall feelings, smells, emotions, pictures. nothing. its just gone. but i remember that i had it.
example " "ahh - flashback!!! im eating cheesecake... Yummmm"
*disappears*
"hmmm - i know i ate cheesecake once. but i cant remember it"

there?? bettter??? Way to make me feel like a creak head!
Quote by spanishyanez

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
Quote by M0lliP0Ps
hahah for some odd reason i knew when i posted that, that YOU would be the one to say something. LOL

ok say i have a flashback. they are usually not good memories. sometimes its things i never even knew happened. (dont ask) so in the moment i remember everything. like it was taking place right then and there. but when the "flashback" is over, i usually cant recall feelings, smells, emotions, pictures. nothing. its just gone. but i remember that i had it.
*disappears*

That example sucks
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by M0lliP0Ps

*disappears*

That happens to me sometimes and it's usually why I have deja vu. It's more like a daydream and then I can't recall it but yet when something similar happens I trick myself into thinking the same exact thing has happened before. It happened to me at work about three times in the past week or two.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
That example sucks

I think she means this:

*Doing something.*
*Has flashback about a tragic event.*
*Snaps out of it*
"What did I just have a flashback about...again?"
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Last edited by RockGuitar92 at Jul 12, 2010,
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
That example sucks

hmmmmf .... .... come up with a better one fatty!
lol

EDIT: TS- kinda - but i can remember having it- just not ... ugh idk!!! nvm
Quote by spanishyanez

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
Last edited by M0lliP0Ps at Jul 12, 2010,
Quote by UraniYum

I do this ALL the time, the facial expressions & moving my lips like I'm saying whatever I'm thinking. What I do is different though, when I remember something really vividly I'll go off on tangents about what I could have said, what the other person could have said, etc.

Especially when I watch movies it happens, I'll place myself in the shoes of one of the characters and rewrite it to how I'd react and how the other person would. I can reimagine entire movies like that. I can't help it, I get lost in thoughts like this and can't snap out of it easily like TS mentioned.

I sound crazy.
I don't have flashbacks like that, but I have an extremely strong imagination. In the morning especially, like when I'm doing a repetitive task or something trivial, I'll start day dreaming. It's usually very vivid and I get so immersed that it's almost like sleep walking. I'll do an entire task and then snap out of it and be unaware of what I just did. To the point where I have to look around and try to figure it out lol.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Jul 13, 2010,
Woah, I thought I was the only one. I do it over the most mundane things, though.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Yeah, when my dad was telling stories of when I was neglected, I went back and remembered tragic memories which I thought I'd forgotten forever.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I never get that into it, but sometimes the emotion can get pretty intense until I remind myself that its in the past.
I pride myself on my humility.
Jesus Christ, the psychology in this thread is brutal.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

This happens to me, all the time, everywhere.

@ Martyrs Prayer, I once took a test doing that.
There are definitely things in my immediate environment which when I happen to look at set off vivid, clear, minutely-detailed memories. Sometimes they're completely innocuous, yet highly specific objects; for example, there's a certain type of deadbolt lock that always brings me back to the 6th grade, when some kids locked this person in a closet in the corner of our classroom which had the lock on the inside and who yelled for ten minutes for them to unlock it.
Quote by diofan88
happens to me all the time amigo

I actually try to avoid some places where I have the strongest memories because well...I dont want them again

THIS.

This so hard. +1
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
I hate it when I get flashbacks, they always put me in a bad mood nomatter what
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Happened to me once. There was this girl I fell in love with. We never went out though because of her religion although we would still talk on the phone at night and tell each other we love each other. She ignored me for one week and the next she said she didn't like me anymore. 2 months passed by and I thought I was over her. Then I heard one song I used to listen to all the time when we had something. Then it brought back every single feeling I never thought I was feel again, my heart started beating faster and I was brought back to the night when I asked her out. The memory was very detailed. And I fell in love with her all over again.

Memories suck.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge