so ive only had two amps in my life and they were only 30 w so im saving up for a amp that i only have 200 usd so im asking ug for help on buying amps and i play metal but i like to go clean sometimes when im feeling sad lol but mostly i play metal i have a line 6 floor pod that i am willing to trade in to get a better amp and a digitech df-7 my first pedal so help me! and i want the amp to be loud =) thanks
Quote by Oyface

This is Period. Period is your friend.

+1, that was actually kinda hard to read.

anywho, cheap metal amps are a dime a dozen, what kind of metal are you most interested in playing?
Quote by l.a.ibanez123
lol sorry im bad at grammar. i play fast stuff like thrash and i like nice clean sounds.

You owe it to yourself to save up more.

Otherwise you can keep buying 30 watt'ers.

My suggestion is to sell the Line 6 floor pod, ignore getting a pedal, and then go for a bit of a better amp.

Wattage really shouldn't be an issue anyway, and if 200 usd is all you can pull off, then look around at Roland amps.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
yes i think im going to sell the floor pod but i dont want a line 6 spider crap amp i tested one and i didnt like it i was looking at a raven rg60 do you think its worth it?
save up more, and look for a jcm used, they can sometimes get pretty affordable and are perfect for what youre looking for.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
raven rg's are awful. ignore the pedal, sell the floor pod, and get a line 6 flextone off craigslist
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
you can get a jcm for under 800$ from guitar center, seriously, its worth it to save up more and get something good. sell all your solid state line 6 junk and get a real tone! :p
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.