Right now I'm looking into a variety of smaller tube amps, I'd love to find a nice combo for about half a thousand, around that area, I'm just not all that sure where I can get an idea of what's in that range.

Looking to play a variety of Hard Rock, Blues, Jazz, and just about anything else.

I'm lookin to be able to overpower a 15 or 20 piece band.

Orange is what I'm looking for.

Could you guys give me an idea of the sort of orange amps I can be lookin at?
Quote by SoA_Joseph
Right now I'm looking into a variety of smaller tube amps, I'd love to find a nice combo for about half a thousand, around that area, I'm just not all that sure where I can get an idea of what's in that range.

Looking to play a variety of Hard Rock, Blues, Jazz, and just about anything else.

I'm lookin to be able to overpower a 15 or 20 piece band.

Orange is what I'm looking for.

Could you guys give me an idea of the sort of orange amps I can be lookin at?

Half a thousand of what?

Monkeys?

Nipples?

Da poo poo?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
If you live in the United States, you're probably not gonna find much in your price range except the Tiny Terror (and used, at that) which might not be enough unless you're miced up, and which doesn't have a clean channel, so the cleanest you'll get will still be somewhat dirty.

I'd look for other amps in that price range. You can get a used Peavey Classic 30, which will be louder and has a dedicated clean and dirty channel.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Chrisiphone
Half a thousand of what?

Monkeys?

Nipples?

Da poo poo?

I would guess USD, considering he's from Louisiana
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
For $500, you probably won't be getting an Orange (at least, not a good one. Those Crush/PiX amps aren't good at all). There is the AD5 combo for $520, but that won't be enough power for your applications. The Tiny Terror combo is about $860, but that won't be able to get clean tones at any respectable volume (this is partially by design), and without miking, will again not be powerful enough.

You could look at the used market and you might get lucky, but I suggest expanding your search to other manufacturers.

Edit: Or save up more money.