hey

I need help deciding between these two amps between a fender frontman65R and a peavey vypyr 30. I play mostly rock, blues, classic rock and metal. I have a fender strat HSS. Budget isn`t a problem
Breakin` the Law!
Go with the Fender Frontman 65R since you play rock, blues, and classic rock. For metal, you might need a pedal to get a different sound.
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
Quote by Drmmrboi180
Go with the Fender Frontman 65R since you play rock, blues, and classic rock. For metal, you might need a pedal to get a different sound.

Yes this one I know Im planning to buy a digitech. Uh i forgot the name but I know it has different types of distortion
Breakin` the Law!
the fender amp isn't known to be very great. the drive channel is honeestly terrible, but the clean channel is ok.

the vypyr is all around a decent modeling amp. it is geared somewhat to heavier music, but i have been able to get good tone out of one for most genre's.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^+1

The Frontman is awful in every meaning of the word.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by TheAbsentOne
The Vyper gets praise around here.. The Frontman not so much. Speaks for itself.

I`ll look into this. Hey on another topic seeing you have a DS-1 boss pedal. Is it good > does it go well with any of these two amps?
Breakin` the Law!
+1 on the Vypyr tube. The Frontman sucks. I sold mine very quickly.
Gear:
Guitar:
'08 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Boss CS-3
Vox Satchurater
Peavey Classic 30

Bass:
Fender Jazz
Carvin BX500
Quote by rasta_mon
I`ll look into this. Hey on another topic seeing you have a DS-1 boss pedal. Is it good > does it go well with any of these two amps?

Seeing as the Vyper is a modeler I would suggest not using a distortion pedal, and even if you really want to use one I don't suggest the stock DS-1 for much. It's harsh in the highs.. Distortion is bright and trebly in a bad way.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Seeing as the Vyper is a modeler I would suggest not using a distortion pedal, and even if you really want to use one I don't suggest the stock DS-1 for much. It's harsh in the highs.. Distortion is bright and trebly in a bad way.

yes i forgot to mention that, it didnt take my old Boss Hm-2 so well but i would guess that it would take "time" based effects well but it already has all that on board :P
If budget isn't a problem get a nice amp instead of these entry level SS things. A Laney VC30-212 or a Peavey Classic 30 or if budget really is no issue then this:

The Marshall 18W resissue
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah if budget isn't an issue why don't you get a killer amp? Even something like a Classic 30 would sound way better, for blues and rock, then your two current options. It could do metal with a boost, too!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Classic 30's are amazing. Mine keeps surprising me. (In a good way)
Gear:
Guitar:
'08 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Boss CS-3
Vox Satchurater
Peavey Classic 30

Bass:
Fender Jazz
Carvin BX500