I'm planning to order a Carvin in a few days as long as I'm fond of the neck of the used one I plan to try sometime this week. However I'm not positive about how I want to go with the switching, so I figured I'd ask UG.

Everything but the pickup selector is constant between the two ideas, both have a master volume that's also a Shadow Killpot, individual coil-splitters for the humbuckers, an extra switch to go straight to the bridge pickup bypassing everything but the kill effect and the phase control for the rawest of electric sounds if need-be(No this doesn't mean the bridge pickup will be an uncontrollable wall of feedback; it's only when that toggle is flipped that it's bypassing, a la Guthrie Govan's Blower switch), and a phase switch.

Now then, onto the two toggle ideas.

#1: 5-way(Neckbucker, neck split-mid, mid, mid-bridge split, bridgebucker) with a push-pull tone control to add the neck pickup in positions 4 and 5. When the middle pickup is on the humbuckers are automatically split and the coil-splitter effects are reversed, so that rather than having to flip the toggle and push the selector to go from a mid-bridge strat quack to a loud bridge humbucker, it just takes the toggle.

#2: 3-way(Neck, neck-bridge, bridge) with a push-pull tone control to add the middle pickup. Same automatic splitting thing here.

Option 2 is simpler and makes getting the tele sounds I've been using easier to get, but at the same time, option 1 offers everything option 2 does and then some, and I share Steve Morse and Brian May's loves of complex guitars with every possible tone you can get from the setup.

So, thoughts guys? As always, any and all comments are greatly appreciated.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I personally would go with option one. I love the security of knowing that there's always more tones available, and standard 3-ways just doesn't cut it for me.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
i have a similar setup on my schecter to option 1, and when i was buying it, i noodled a lil bit on a similar model ( a temptest) from the same series but an 09 model instead of 08 and it had a setup similar to option 2, and i prefered the temptest's setup, the reason y i didn't get it is cuz i wanted 24 frets, i didn't want a heel, oh and a lil think called a floyd rose was kinda a nice addition to pay less for
Eh.
I know I shouldn't bump topics that aren't even three days old, but as I tried a used Carvin today and loved the neck, I may be ordering sometime in the next week, so importance of decision-making has risen, albeit I'm leaning towards option 1.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54