Anyone know of a good amp for around 500 to 600 dollars that can give me a really clean distortion for like prog shreddy metal kinda stuff? like im going to a fall of troy/CHON kind of sound so I will need a really clear distortion. but also alot of the songs i play has clean parts so the amp needs to have decent cleans. thanks!
Any idea of what size/volume you'll need?
My first thought is a Blackstar HT-20.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
something that could pull off a medium sized gig. so maybe larger then a talent show but smaller then like a metallica concert aha. kinda like something on warped tour, that big.
Quote by Ranelbau
something that could pull off a medium sized gig. so maybe larger then a talent show but smaller then like a metallica concert aha. kinda like something on warped tour, that big.

The most you'll need is a 30 watts combo if you get a tube amp.
Quote by SmokeJs
The most you'll need is a 30 watts combo if you get a tube amp.

If he mics it.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Get a Kustom 100W stack, they're pretty cheap and not bad.
Or you could try a roland 60W, or even a Randall RG75 G3 (hybryd, for that tuby sound).
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by Nimbus456
Get a Kustom 100W stack, they're pretty cheap and not bad.
Or you could try a roland 60W, or even a Randall RG75 G3 (hybryd, for that tuby sound).

Don't do this. There are very few situations that require a half stack and if you want a good one, it's something you really have to pay for.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join