I want to use my 50 watt valvetronix into my Ibanez cab for the meantime. The only problem is, the ibanez cab has two inputs, one for one set of speakers, one for the other two. Id like to use all four, but the valvetronix has only one 8 ohm output. Just wondering if there's an easy way to do that. Or if I need to just rewire the cab for one input. Thanks alot

Tom,
Usually plugging just into the left input runs the cab in mono, meaning all speakers would be used. That's generally the default and I'd be surprised if your cab was completely split into left and right with no option for mono operation.
What is actually written on the inputs to the cab? Maybe a pic?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I doubt that your cab has input for left and right speakers, it probably has different inputs for amps with different ohms.
^ lots of cabs have inputs for left and right speakers. its not all that uncommon.

as Cathbard said, whats actually written by the inputs?
16 ohm speakers, wire two in series, then two in parellel, then back together.. i think. i forgot cause that's what i did with my cabinet i made
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
Quote by natehimself
16 ohm speakers, wire two in series, then two in parellel, then back together.. i think. i forgot cause that's what i did with my cabinet i made

Shouldn't you wire each set of two in serial then the two sets in parallel for series-parallel?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Shouldn't you wire each set of two in serial then the two sets in parallel for series-parallel?

Yes. Unless you want 4 ohm, then you just parallel them all up. On a Marshall 1960 there are two inputs, one wired series/parallel (16 ohm) and the other in parallel (4 ohm). If you use both sockets it's two 8 ohm inputs (ie two in parallel to each socket). I have no idea what his bin has - hence my question.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I apologize. The cab is still at my drummer's house. But let's say it is wired for left and right. That'd be the only case that i wouldn't get to use all 4 speakers. So itll be the one i'll worry about. What would I have to do in that case?

Btw: come to think of it, there's a mono and stereo switch in between the two inputs
Quote by Bandseeker2008
Btw: come to think of it, there's a mono and stereo switch in between the two inputs

Bada bing!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I was under the impression that, when you have it on stereo it opens the two inputs. And mono would be just one input. But what does it actually do
Quote by Bandseeker2008
I was under the impression that, when you have it on stereo it opens the two inputs. And mono would be just one input. But what does it actually do

Set the switch to stereo, its now a stereo cab. Set the switch to mono, its now a mono cab...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Bandseeker2008

Mono = all four speakers are used at once, using only one jack (usually, when in mono mode, one jack is 4 ohms and the other is 16 ohms).

Stereo = the cab is split into left and right, with one input for the left speakers and one input for the right speakers. Both inputs are generally 8 ohms when ran in stereo mode.