My frets r getting fretware kind of bad and a guitar tech guy said hed charge me like 60 bucks for a file and a lot to refret. Is there any thing i can do my self to repair it?
No, unless you have a lot of experience. Fretwork is not particularly easy, and $60 for a fret level is a decent price.
i dont think i could handle that, i dont wanna screw it up.
Quote by DWB
how much is a good neck?

It depend since you may have to custom build one if it's not fender neck.

If it is a fender $135.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by DWB
My frets r getting fretware kind of bad and a guitar tech guy said hed charge me like 60 bucks for a file and a lot to refret. Is there any thing i can do my self to repair it?

I opened this thread expecting to read of products to do with frets.

As has been posted $60 is a good price for a fret job. Actually very good, assuming you have a very good luthier.
I'm wondering why the frets are wearing out! Frets should last for years and years before you need to work on them. Are you using large gauge strings, stainless Steel strings or just plaing in the same area constantly so that the wear is in a couple of places & not all over?
Are they physically damaged or are you getting buzzing?
Moving on.....
What he said. The neck on my 550 is from a much earlier model, so it's something like 12 years old now and it's just starting to display extreme signs of wear (you can actually see grooves where the strings sit on a lot of the frets) and it's still pretty playable.

How bad is yours damaged?
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
I'm suspecting his guitar is a cheap off-brand or something. Or he's playing a used guitar
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]