Hey guys, I have had my Epiphone g400 for about 4 years now and I put on some Dimarzio X2n and Humbucker from hell pickups in it. Now ever since I installed them I have had a very annoying problem. There is a very loud buzz that comes from both of these pickups when plugged into my amp. I had it checked out by the store that installed them and they said its normal, now I understand these things are very high output and there should be SOME buzzing but this is just disgusting. Could this have been some factory defect or a install problem? I watched some youtube videos of these same pickups they seemed super quiet.

Thanks Guys
Quote by Bad Kharmel
If they're active, they may need a new battery

They're not, but one of them is high output. My guess is that OP is unable to dial in his amp properly (gain and treble on 5 o'clock, and perhaps some nasty behringer pedal infront).
Yeah their passive and its running out of a peavey valve king 112 with a boss OD-20 (the twin pedal) Ive used the guitar on different amps and it always buzzes really loud.
Check your grounds see if they came loose.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
It was doing it from day one I just thought it was normal. I had it checked over by the person who installed it, and he looked it over and told me he used the original wiring diagram.
does it still buzz if you take the boss pedal out?

other than that, sounds like a grounding problem.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
The Humbucker from Hell is very low output.

Sounds like a grounding problem - there is no "original" wiring diagram he could have used because the stock pickups will only have been 2 conductor and the Dimarzios are 4 conductor.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Maybe it's your groundings. Does it stop/lower when you put your palm on strings?
Ibanez RG321MH
TASCAM 144
Guitar RIG 4
If your grounds are all OK, it could be a shielding issue?

I had a problem with the bridge pickup (and only the bridge pickup) in my V making noise. Grounding was all OK, so had it sent away, by a friend who runs a guitar workshop, for wax dipping. Got it back and had it reinstalled in the guitar and now it sounds soooo quiet
Alright guys the clean channel has no problem when its distorted it buzzes loud and when I put my palm on the strings it does NOT stop. Maybe its the way its suppose to be, but I mean its just makes no sense on why it should be so loud. Oh and is the clean channel on the x2n suppose to sound like complete crap?
It's probably your amp
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
Quote by AHB900
Alright guys the clean channel has no problem when its distorted it buzzes loud and when I put my palm on the strings it does NOT stop. Maybe its the way its suppose to be, but I mean its just makes no sense on why it should be so loud. Oh and is the clean channel on the x2n suppose to sound like complete crap?

Yes, it'll sound dogshit awful on a clean channel

What amp are you using?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Im using a unmodded Peavey valve king 112. I actually purchased it the day it came out I don't know if there have been upgrades on the newer ones or not ( I have not been following up on it)
could there be a loose connection in the jack socket. mine was loose on my yamaha and i buzzed like mad all the time. just an idea.....
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
Hmm didn't think of it being a guitar problem rather than a pick up problem.
My Gear:

perhaps check that then. sounds like it to me. worth getting it checked at least and its inexpensive to set right
    Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
    I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
    Seems like a grounding issue, not the pickups. Dimarzio makes awfully good quality pickups but it could be possible you got a bum set.
    I play Lacrosse, you should too
    Quote by reeses
    heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
    Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.