Exactly what the title says.

I don't know about all of you other people, but it seems like no one knows what love is anymore, (well among those I personally know and/or are in aqaintance with).

So, what really is true love, because I don't think texting or myspace/facebook is where it's at and it seems like people hink it's there, but it's getting irritating for the fact people are sometimes like "FML FML FML, my life is over. should go kill myself" but thedude ends up being with someone else in a few days

*EDIT: when i said about the facebook/myspace thing, i meant people only broadcaasting their relationships there, like only talking on there for the shortest of time and don't even say anything to each other in person.
Last edited by sgc09 at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by sgc09
I don't think texting or myspace/facebook is where it's at and it seems like people hink it's there,

I feel sorry for the people who think this.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I work two jobs to be able to support myself and my partner.

I can't sleep when she's not in the bed next to me, I wake up every morning and just watch her before she wakes. I spend my time and spare money trying to provide experiences for us that we'll treasure forever, but I'm equally content to just sit on the sofa with her and watch the world go by. She's in my every thought, and in my every action.

I've been with her for nearly 3 years, and every day feels as exciting and wonderful as the day we first met.

I'd do absolutely anything for her, just to see her smile.

And I know she feels exactly the same about me.

That's true love to me.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi

I can't sleep when she's not in the bed next to me, I wake up every morning and just watch her before she wakes. I spend my time and spare money trying to provide experiences for us that we'll treasure forever, but I'm equally content to just sit on the sofa with her and watch the world go by. She's in my every thought, and in my every action.

I've been with her for nearly 3 years, and every day feels as exciting and wonderful as the day we first met.

That's true love to me.

pretty much this,

and for me it's also when you value the life of the other above your own
Quote by steven seagull
Howver, Spider have pretty lights to keep kids with ADD occupied.

My gear:
Epi ZW Buzzsaw LP
Ibanez S7320
Yerasov Detonator 100W
Laney VC15
Line6 Floor Pod+
Quote by metacarpi

That's true love to me.

You and I are the exact same person. I could have written everything in your post and it would be true.
Love is feeling your cold hard penis tip rub against the frozen anus of your murdered loved one, love is when you delve into the sphincter that you penetrate with utmost loving care to not deter the dead flesh ending with filling out the corpse with your warm children that will be born again as zombies
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Jul 13, 2010,
When you value the happiness of someone else over your own happiness. That's how I like to define it. Simple, yet concise. And something I've never even come close to experiencing.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
who says love can't involve facebook/myspace?
i'm not exactly certain about true love myself but why is the way it manifests itself so important? Maybe there are people who genuinely love each other that met over facebook; i'm not about to object to their relationship because it wasn't formed by conventional means....
if i told you, id hav to kill you...
'Our Enemies Will Be Drowned'
'The Opposing Torn Asunder'
- - -GEAR- - -
Schecter Damien 6
Peavey Vypyr 75
DigiTech RP50
Quote by homeless-john
I think you know when you're in it. Hard to put into words. But what the hell do I know? I fall in and out of "love" like that *snaps fingers*.

Not putting you down or anything, but you sound like you could be confusing love with infatuation.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by metacarpi

That's true love to me.

that's perfect

true love is somebody that you would do anything for her (or him) and when
she is around it just feels like home and everything fells all right
it's really hard to describe but it's like magic

it's just like metacarpi describet it
Quote by spitonastranger
who says love can't involve facebook/myspace?
i'm not exactly certain about true love myself but why is the way it manifests itself so important? Maybe there are people who genuinely love each other that met over facebook; i'm not about to object to their relationship because it wasn't formed by conventional means....

facebook/myscpace are ql ways to find new friends and maybe love
i heard that 2 people met over facebook and got married a year later

the think is not how you met someone but how you see each other
websites like this are yust a way to meet someone so it's basically
a relacionship like pretty much any other . Except it's a long range
and the 2 newer meet then it can't be a true relacionship
Quote by Ic3
facebook/myscpace are ql ways to find new friends and maybe love
i heard that 2 people met over facebook and got married a year later

the think is not how you met someone but how you see each other
websites like this are yust a way to meet someone so it's basically
a relacionship like pretty much any other . Except it's a long range
and the 2 newer meet then it can't be a true relacionship

Yeah, but has anyone ever gone so far as to know what do?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by sacamano79
Not putting you down or anything, but you sound like you could be confusing love with infatuation.

Meh, pretty possible. Only 17 though, I have a world of time to work this kinda shit out.
Quote by metacarpi

That's true love to me.

More like homosexuality.

*Me too.*
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by sgc09

So, what really is true love, because I don't think texting or myspace/facebook is where it's at and it seems like people hink it's there.

I can give you a bunch of study results that show that every kind of friendship and even relationships are possible to develop on Facebook and the likes. Though eventually the relationship has to move to offline terretories for it to succeed in the long run.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
Love is feeling your cold hard penis tip rub against the frozen anus of your murdered loved one, love is when you delve into the sphincter that you penetrate with utmost loving care to not deter the dead flesh ending with filling out the corpse with your warm children that will be born again as zombies

This.

I don't know about all of you other people, but it seems like no one knows what love is anymore, (well among those I personally know and/or are in aqaintance with).

Your fatal error here is assuming that people once knew what it was. There is no such thing as love, just individual relationships we each have with other people and how much importance we put on them.
Inhuman evil take down!
Quote by Will-kun
I can give you a bunch of study results that show that every kind of friendship and even relationships are possible to develop on Facebook and the likes. Though eventually the relationship has to move to offline terretories for it to succeed in the long run.

I'd say every kind of relationship except what you might call 'true' love, by which I mean something which is genuinely deep and meaningful. I don't think it's possible to truly love somebody you haven't met. It's nothing to do with looks or sex, but there are aspects of everyone's personality, little quirks and whatnot, that can only be appreciated in a face-to-face situation, and you can't love someone if you haven't seen them at their weirdest as well as their most sane.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by metacarpi

That's true love to me.

Quote by hildesaw
You and I are the exact same person. I could have written everything in your post and it would be true.

I hate you both. I can't keep a relationship to save my life.
Quote by Zed45
This.

Why cant there be more people like you instead of believing in this true love shiz?

People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by 18th_Angel
Your fatal error here is assuming that people once knew what it was. There is no such thing as love, just individual relationships we each have with other people and how much importance we put on them.

It's not just about importance and time spent though... Certain chemical reactions occur in the brain when you fall in love, as well as when you love someone.

Love can't be forced. Although you can trick your mind into the same reactions, by convincing yourself a person is a certain way that really tricks you, even though the person actually isn't.

I'm a master at filling in blanks and lying to myself.
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Quote by CoreysMonster
I hate you both. I can't keep a relationship to save my life.

Come here and let me hold you ever so gently.

To be fair though, every relationship I've had before this one has been an absolute, unmitigated, disaster.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

true love is not nice, brah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6OmuJlyUIg

to me, true love is the girlfriend who is rubbing my back after i get home from the road. then she notices a zit and pops it and continues massaging my back.

it's simple, but that's really it. when you can do things like that without thinking anything of it, that means you're a couple that's really in love.
#DTWD
metacarpi hit it right on.
its so powerful and strong. but not to mention dangerous. It is really playing with fire, Long story short, i just recently fell in love, then she had to go back home to norway, and i recently found out via a mutual friend and not even her that shes seeing someone else. im a raging mess.
Love is def. a tough thing.
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Homos invented the word 'love' so they could have a reason to drive their dicks up a bro's pooper.
Quote by metacarpi

That's true love to me.

lol u gay
True Love Is The Absolute Abandonment Of The Self-Based Genetic Principles In Favour Of The Needs, Requirements And Requests Of Another.

True Love Does Not Require A Relationship.
I'm getting married next year. We do everything together. (Except gaming :/)
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
its when the stars in the sky illuminate below, the light is in the sign that love will guide you

MATE
Fuck it.
True love is the space between finding the person of your dreams and waking up.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I highly doubt I'll ever experience 'true love' while I've absolutely adored women and felt a close connection and do right now with one. I can't get that voice in the back of my head saying "love is a breeding mechanism" to be quiet. *shrugs*
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by Colohue
True Love Is The Absolute Abandonment Of The Self-Based Genetic Principles In Favour Of The Needs, Requirements And Requests Of Another.

The most basic genetic drive is that to reproduce and raise your children to do the same. Much easier with two parents so the two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Apart from that I have nothing to contribute here. ****ed if I know what love is.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by leeb rocks
The most basic genetic drive is that to reproduce and raise your children to do the same. Much easier with two parents so the two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Apart from that I have nothing to contribute here. ****ed if I know what love is.

Reproduction is species based, not self based.