Can anyone tell me what sixteen is in the song "sixteen" by Demon Hunter? I love this song and have listened to it a million times but I still don't get it. If anyone knows, please epiphanate (-epiphany, I just made that up) me. Its driving me nuts.
nubeat.org
"LISTEN to the MUSIC and LIVE"!
The one with a one followed by a six.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Fuck knows; probably because I've never heard the song or of Demon Hunter.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
idk if this is what you were talking about or not Desper, but i think that this does come from the revelation. In Chapter 16. Chapter 16 takes place after the world has been given a choice. Those on the earth have the choice to receive the mark, worship the Beast and live, or refuse and die.

"You take the name of love divine
And drag it through your blood
Now turn to face what you have made
And mourn what you have done"
-i think that this is stating that you rejected God and now you will have to pay the consequences in the end.

"You soaked your heart in gasoline
Now light it up and burn"
-this is saying you will forever be in Hell now that you have become AntiChrist.

"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
-because chapter 16 is completeing the wrath of God, this is stating that the fake idols and the fake gods are all going to be banished.

i have no idea if this helped anyone or not. this could just all be wrong, too. im only fourteen yearsold so im not exactly the best at interperating things.
for more information about chapter 16 of the revelation, go to http://truthnet.org/christianity/revelation/revelation16/

Quote by SG_dave
Holy crap. I think this guy just made up epiphanate. Did he?
I mean it looks like it comes from the word epiphany, but i can't be sure.

According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, epiphanate is not a word. I think he meant he "invented" that.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat. - Douglas Adams
Straight from Ryan's mouth:

"Having played in bands for well over a decade, I’ve learned a lot of things about many of the people involved in “Christian” music. I put the word Christian in quotes, because unfortunately, many of the things that I have witnessed lead me to believe that there are a lot of people involved in Christian music that should not be adopting the term “Christian” at all.

For many of us in bands, this is a common tale. For others, it may be news. And don’t get me wrong here- I’m not saying that since these people are Christians, they cannot fail. They can and will fail, and that is to be expected. However, there is a level of failure, as a Christian, as a human, without remorse or repentance that begs to be questioned.

“Sixteen” is in regard to the minute. Some people are fortunate enough to have fifteen minutes of fame. For these “Christians” that I speak of, living Godless, perverse lives, I beg for minute sixteen. I beg for the end of their undeserved fame, for the end of spiritual fraudulence, and the end of their time in this scene"
Thx so much Gaara! As with epiphanate, as far as I'm concerned, I made it up. I've never heard of it before so someone else probably made it up too.

BTW heres the lyrics for everyone.

Lyrics to Sixteen :
Sixteen, Oh holy day
Your time has come and passed
The rapture we’ve been waiting for
Has come to us at last
Sixteen for every fake
Sixteen to every wh0re
Wipe that dirt from off your face
Sixteen is at your door

Oh, voiceless, wasted
You soaked your heart in gasoline