I own a RR3 with a Floyd Rose bridge, At the moment it has 9 gauge strings...
But i want a heavier sound(I play Metal. :P)...

Should i go for a 12 or 11 gauge strings.
Strings themselves will not give you a heavier sound per say but rather a tighter and more defined lower-end.

Also I wouldn't jump from 9's to 12's in one go. You will find it really hard to play and won't like it at all. Go to 10's see if you like the difference, get used to them and then go heavier if you feel necessary
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

I also heard from someone that if i put on heavy strings it will mess up the Floyd Rose or sumthin like that.. Is this true?
Hi!

For standard EADGBe 11s or 12s in my opinion are too much heavy, I suggest you to try the 10s.

For dropped or low tunings you can try heavier strings for example 11s in C# tuning ...

Another issue: if you change the string gauges you'll probably need to adjust the guitar setup (truss rod, floyd rose spings etc...)

Last thing ... sorry for my english but i'm italian ...
^ and some guys use things like 13's only a 1/2 step down.
Quote by MaddMann274
I also heard from someone that if i put on heavy strings it will mess up the Floyd Rose or sumthin like that.. Is this true?

mess it up? no, but you will have to re-set it up. in fact, any time you change your string gauge you will.

changing strings isnt a customization, its maintainence. pick a gauge, then use the nice sticky in EG to get your FR set up correctly again.