I am trying to assemble a rig for performing in small bars/clubs. I have decided to go with a and I am looking for a good cab to go with it. I am playing hard rock/metal primarily.

I'm thinking about this cab possibly:

Opinions or suggestions?
The Cab your looking at is pretty much made for the b2re head. But i have the same head and I run it out of a custom cab. Its a 2x10 GK Cab loaded with eminice deltas (spelling?) Its 4 ohms and can handle 700 watts. But before I got this cab I had the 4x10 ampeg half stack. It was great sounding and I played a few gigs with it
Telecaster bass :
FINALLY PLAYABLE!
[x]body
[x]neck
[x]humbucker
[x]jazz pup
[x]split p pups
[x]hardware
[x]bridge
[x]pickguard
[ ]finish/paint
[x]wiring/electronics
The bassist in my room mate's band uses the B2RE into an ampeg 410hlf.

Sounds good, man.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
i had a 410HLF

it was way to boomy for my taste. Plus something else just wasn't right about it.

thats the last time i buy used...
Quote by NCBass93
i had a 410HLF

it was way to boomy for my taste. Plus something else just wasn't right about it.

thats the last time i buy used...

I know exactly what you mean I bought a used ampeg 4x10 hlf to match my first one... an something just wasnt right. .. it wasnt handling all my pre amp EQing. And eventually i took it to my custom guy to have check it out... long story story it was loaded with speakers from an acoustic 4x10 which could not handle what I was feeding into it..

Hence me saying f*ck it and selling both to get me a custom loaded amp
Telecaster bass :
FINALLY PLAYABLE!
[x]body
[x]neck
[x]humbucker
[x]jazz pup
[x]split p pups
[x]hardware
[x]bridge
[x]pickguard
[ ]finish/paint
[x]wiring/electronics
ahhhh i sold mine in order to get a gallien-krueger neo212 (4ohms) to match with my 700RB-II

much better.
Quote by NCBass93
ahhhh i sold mine in order to get a gallien-krueger neo212 (4ohms) to match with my 700RB-II

much better.

H that's crazy that's the cab i bought to use as the housing for my custom cab
Telecaster bass :
FINALLY PLAYABLE!
[x]body
[x]neck
[x]humbucker
[x]jazz pup
[x]split p pups
[x]hardware
[x]bridge
[x]pickguard
[ ]finish/paint
[x]wiring/electronics
The real decision is do you want 15's or 10's. After that, its just a matter of do you like Neos or Eminence because the construction of the actual cab itself doesnt vary a significant amount in my experience.
Last edited by tubatom868686 at Jul 15, 2010,