The T BONE DC1200

http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tbone_dc1200.htm

There are sound clips on that website, and there is a cover on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5r9twmMshw

What does everyone think of them? £91 gbp for a set of mics, can't go wrong really!

These will be used with my firestudio project which I'm hopefully going to order today with the microphones (as long as I get some feedback on what people think of the mics).

Any thoughts?
as long as you dont suck so hard as the guy in the video... there cant go much wrong, i would never tell you to buy a thomann drumset, but i think you cant go wrong with the mics for that price.
Guitar: IBANEZ RGIR20BFE-WNF
Strings: Ernie Ball .010 - .052
Amp: Yamaha THR10X | Orange Micro Dark
Effects: Boss MetalCore ML-2, Zoom 505 II, CryBaby
Haha yeah he can't stay in time. Yeah, but to be fair, the whole kit is the price of one overhead, and it sounds pretty good.

I think I'm gonna go for them - they're good enough to make a band EP, right?
They'll be passable. Not great but to make a demo/EP they will do the job. I got a T-Bone mic (SM58 copy) free with something else I bought and I can't say I was impressed at all but if price is your primary concern then it's a good deal. Just don't expect it to sound like your favourite CDs :P

Best of luck with it though, would be cool to hear what you get out of them once you've recorded some stuff.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Yeah I know. If you take a listen on our myspace though its all recorded with a £5 headset - it sounds awful.

www.myspace.com/thekinliverpool

Even these microphones would be 100x better. Just want some demos so we can start giving away free cd's and so we won't feel embarrassed when sending them to venues.

Might give that a go - haven't heard about that before. Anyway, I'm going to order them along with the firestudio project tomorrow and a pop shield and like 8 cables.

I'm excited!
Got two stands - two overheads. The rest of the microphones clip onto the kit. Infact, maybe the bass drum/snare ones don't. I might be able to borrow my uncles mic stand for that.

He has one for playing guitar and singing on rock band at the same time. lol.

I'm used to using Cubase though, with PreSonus you get their own software. Will have to play around with the demo so I know how to use it when it all comes.
Just use cubase if you want to, you don't have to use personus DAW with there stuff, and I think from memory the snare is clip on in that kit, but the bass drum isn't
On the picture there is a clip for all 5 of them. But in the description it says "Includes 4x drum microphone holders, 2x windscreens ".

Weird. By windscreens does it mean the foam things that go over the end of microphones?
Quote by dannyyy
On the picture there is a clip for all 5 of them. But in the description it says "Includes 4x drum microphone holders, 2x windscreens ".

Weird. By windscreens does it mean the foam things that go over the end of microphones?

So there are, I just looked through the pictures, the things that looked like windscreens to me looked like they'd go over the overheads... mabey for an outdoor gig or something
I was not at all impressed with the sound quality on that youtube video.....reminded me of someones video camera mic.....

Cheap mics will never sound great...simple as that. You're better off spending more from the start and getting good mics to capture the sound IMO.
Also, knowing how to place them and apply proper FX later in post-production will help the sound quality even more