So I sold a pedal to a guy over eBay, and he's claiming to have never gotten the package. He has only 2 points, filed a complaint with paypal only 5 days after he bought the pedal, and never once thought of emailing me.

This guy is obviously out to scam me, and I'm doing the necessary things (asking the post to research the package, see what happened with it) to rip him a new asshole.
I also sent him a polite but stern email telling him that I'm doing just that, and that I'm going to the police if it turns out he was trying to scam me.

Paypal has already taken my money and sent it back to him, I mean wtf? Some guy buys something over the internet, doesn't get it within 5 days, and Paypal just takes the money away from the seller? Seriously, not fucking cool.

Has this ever happened to you? Any advice, tips?
I read this as 'Guy tried to cheat on me over ebay' and was like...Corey?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
That sucks, will you get the money back if you can prove he lied? Maybe you should contact paypal too.

Also the receipt for the postage should have a tracker on it which you can use to prove the package was delivered.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
That sucks, will you get the money back if you can prove he lied? Maybe you should contact paypal too.

Also the receipt for the postage should have a tracker on it which you can use to prove the package was delivered.

this would all be over if I knew where that fucking receipt was. still looking for it
At least you know where he lives if it becomes necessary to stab his eyes out with an ice pick.
What kind of pedal was it?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
What kind of pedal was it?

Marshall Jackhammer. I only got 30 bucks, and the pedal wasn't good anyways, so it's not THAT big a deal, but nobody steals from me and gets away from it

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You should file a claim. eBay has those I think.

ebay always favors the buyer instead of the seller. if it's my claim against his, and I have no proof, he'll be favored, even if his entire behavious SCREAMS "liar"
Dude, i totally get where you're coming from. A week ago i bought this pedal from a guy on ebay and he still hasn't sent it to me. I think he's trying to scam me by claiming that he did and that he is checking with the post to see if it was lost. He even sent me this stupid as email.

Can you believe that?
you need evidence....if you are that annoyed about it I would go and visit him to get info and find if he is scamming you.

good luck. update us on what happens
I didn't think paypal could do anything with money in your account without confirmation. That's dodgy.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
I bought an ipod dock once and never got it, they didn't give me my money back and he got away with it by saying 'i sent it, beyond that it's not my problem'. I never got ANY shipping info or a tracking number though. Best of luck to you.
Quote by VVolverin3
I didn't think paypal could do anything with money in your account without confirmation. That's dodgy.

no, not my bankaccount, but my paypal account is in minus now, and I can't use it atm.
NEVER accept paypall payment for anything!

the person paying you can pull back his money for a few days even after it showed up you recieved it. allways ask your buyer to do a bank transfer instead

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Quote by numinis
NEVER accept paypall payment for anything!

the person paying you can pull back his money for a few days even after it showed up you recieved it. allways ask your buyer to do a bank transfer instead

If i buy anything of ebay, I'd rather not do a bank transfer. Paypal is the safe way to go if you're a buyer. I'm an honest guy so I would not pull shit like this but if something went wrong, I want to be able to take actions.
Quote by CoreysMonster
no, not my bankaccount, but my paypal account is in minus now, and I can't use it atm.

I meant your paypal account. Well good luck dude, I have no idea how to help.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by CoreysMonster
So I sold a pedal to a guy over eBay, and he's claiming to have never gotten the package. He has only 2 points, filed a complaint with paypal only 5 days after he bought the pedal, and never once thought of emailing me.

This guy is obviously out to scam me, and I'm doing the necessary things (asking the post to research the package, see what happened with it) to rip him a new asshole.
I also sent him a polite but stern email telling him that I'm doing just that, and that I'm going to the police if it turns out he was trying to scam me.

Paypal has already taken my money and sent it back to him, I mean wtf? Some guy buys something over the internet, doesn't get it within 5 days, and Paypal just takes the money away from the seller? Seriously, not fucking cool.

Has this ever happened to you? Any advice, tips?

Find out his address. Unleash the focking fury!
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by thechordjester
How did this guy PROVE he didnt get the package?

he doesn't have to for paypal or ebay to completely fuck the seller.
So I got an email back from the guy and he's sticking to his story. Gonna go to the post tomorrow and have them check what happened to it.
Did you find the receipt?

If they are using computer tills then it's probably cybertill, and if you charm them/whine at them enough they will be able to print another receipt off their system, it saves them.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Did you find the receipt?

If they are using computer tills then it's probably cybertill, and if you charm them/whine at them enough they will be able to print another receipt off their system, it saves them.

No, I did a massive cleaning of my room 2 days ago, I must've thrown it away.
You have his address, and a legion of followers on UG. Whats the problem? Post his address, I'm fairly sure someone on here will be close enough to do something terrible to him.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness