Just wondering, is there any point on adding a multi-effects pedal, like a Boss ME-25 or Zoom G2, to a Roland Microcube? Its just that while the effects on it are pretty decent, they just don't have the versatility that i want.

Bit of a weird question to ask i know, but i'm having a hard time getting the right sound out of it and im reluctant to upgrade it just yet
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Hmm. Well, it's true, it's got quite decent effects as it is. However, if there is a certain effect you want to have that the amp quite doesn't do for you, it might be worth getting either a multi-fx pedal or single effects pedals. It's also a good investment, as you'll still have it / them after you upgrade the amp. Bear in mind, though, IIRC, it doesn't have an FX loop, and certain effects sound bad if they're placed in the signal chain before the overdrive / distortion.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Keep in mind that it is a microcube, and that adding effects probably won't improve your sound like you think it will. Personally I'd save buying effects till you get a decent amp that way one you do buy effects they will sound a lot better.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
thanks guys, is there any that you'd recommend, effects pedal wise? Or even on what amp i could upgrade to? Only thing is that i live in an apartment when im at uni (middle floor) so i cant really have a powerful amp, thats why i got the Microcube in the first place
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.