I was told this was a more appropriate places to ask this:

As a for instance, there are two versions of of Blue Oyster Cult's Flaming Telepath lyrics on the web, both wrong, but I can't make out the real words. Is there any software that will extract lyrics from a music (CDA/MP3) file to a text file?
Uh... You mean like, electronically figures out what they're saying and then outputs them to text, or do you think the lyrics are stored in the data?
Well, you do have recorders that transcribe speech to text but they are pretty expensive and not a 100% accurate (under the best circumstances that is), so if you try it with vocals of a song I reckon that the accuracy will be really low thanks to the music.

EDIT:

Here's a site that sells speech-to-text converters, but as you can see the software is pretty expensive.

http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking/products/editions/standard.asp
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Jul 13, 2010,
Quote by Ali-b912
Uh... You mean like, electronically figures out what they're saying and then outputs them to text, or do you think the lyrics are stored in the data?

You aren't trying the tell me the words aren't written inside the music file, are you?
I know they're there. I can see them. They must really be there or the little ball wouldn't bounce along the top of them in a sing-a-long. It'd just fall all the way right off the screen and down onto the floor.

No, I mean voice recognition software with speech-to-text output. Like Dragon Naturally Speaking except good. Or like Ray Kurzweil's speech recognition stuff, but doesn't cost tens of thousands of dollars.
Dragon Naturally Speaking is good, but you need to "teach" it to recognize your voice. It's my experience that most software that doesn't require you to "teach" it to recognize your voice is even more hit and miss. Think iphone apps, etc....

There are so many variables in speech recognition that are idiomatic to music and singing - and even rapping - that I really don't see any of it working very well.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.