hi.ive finally got my new electric guitar after months of deciding what one to get and went for a mexican strat.am really happy with it.could anyone recommend a few songs that i could try and learn that are quite basic.i like blues and some rock.
thanks guys
Any CCR, AC/DC, Beatles, or White Stripes. Start off with Day Tripper, Fortunate Son, and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.
Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
12 bar blues
Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
Smells like teen spirit - Nirvana

good luck
Maybe you should try greenday all their songs are easy

and ofcource smoke on the water - deep purple a pretty easy classic
Here's a few songs that I used a long time ago that require specific techniques without beiing hard at ALL. They'll improve your bends, barre chrords, chord switching, etc. We have...

1. Heaven Beside You- Alice in Chains (bends and barre chords)
2. Schism - Tool (Hammer-ons, playing bass root notes)
3. Heartbreaker - Led Zeppelin (string switching and single note slides)
4. Polly - Nirvana (barre chords and applying them all over the fretboard)
5. Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne (hammer ons and certain notes in rapid succession...plus it sound cool for how easy it is )

Those five helped me a LOT when I was first starting out.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Last edited by Ayses at Jul 13, 2010,
You can try pretty much anything by blink 182. One of the ones I found the easiest is dammit or all the small things. Not a big fan of blink but there songs are really easy
Quote by Ayses
Here's a few songs that I used a long time ago that require specific techniques without beiing hard at ALL. They'll improve your bends, barre chrords, chord switching, etc. We have...

1. Heaven Beside You- Alice in Chains (bends and barre chords)
2. Schism - Tool (Hammer-ons, playing bass root notes)
3. Heartbreaker - Led Zeppelin (string switching and single note slides)
4. Polly - Nirvana (barre chords and applying them all over the fretboard)
5. Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne (hammer ons and certain notes in rapid succession...plus it sound cool for how easy it is )

Those five helped me a LOT when I was first starting out.

Good list

Also Surrender - Billy Talent (Broken chords if you want to practise fingerpicking, though you can prolly play it with a pick perfectly fine)