i've been looking at getting a line 6 spider iv hd150 i was wondering if it was worth the money (i would be getting the express foot switch)
Wrong forum bud, but imo no, spiders arent exactly the best amps out there, my recommendation is maybe an epi valve junior and a dist pedal but you didn't really list what sound you wanted or genre you play

*reported for move*

uh wrong forrum, you want GG&A. But to answer your question, no its not worth the money. You can get a lot better for the money you would spend on that. Use the search bar as this exact question comes up frequently

*reported for close*
You can do better than the Spiders and MG half stacks. Save more and get a really good Line 6 if you want that brand
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
*sigh*

Budget?
Willing to go used?
Playing gigs? What size of venues?
Style of music you play?
Tube or SS?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
+2 7/8

(7/8 is my favorite time signature, ftw)
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
+2 7/8

(7/8 is my favorite time signature, ftw)

TS fails to deliver
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Anything > Spider > MG.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
I've even heard MGs sound better than Spiders. Obviously neither sounds good, but I think i'd rather have an MG if I had to choose between the two
I think TS should go with a Vypyr combo if he's wanting amp modeling.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
in this situation i think the vypyr would work.

I would only suggest the vypyr to people looking for a cheap amp in the $100 range. The higher end ones and even the hybrid tube ones just aren't worth it for the price cause you could definitely get something better for the same money.
mg half stack. 100 watts, 550 bucks. if thats not a call something is wrong i don know what is.

....consdering buying ANY tube amp 1x12 combo under 500 is limiting, and baseline price for just a 4x12 cab of respectable quality is about 400-500.....and baseline for a 100 watt tube amp head of respectable quality is bout 800

it genius. marshall logo sells. slap it on junk and bam....new product line. i pity the fools that bought that. sur i bought a 90 dollar spider in my inexperience. hey it makes a GREAT i pod speaker. but good god i didnt drop 550 on that garbage.
hey but at least you get this nifty plastic logo.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by ikey_
mg half stack. 100 watts, 550 bucks. if thats not a call something is wrong i don know what is.

....consdering buying ANY tube amp 1x12 combo under 500 is limiting, and baseline price for just a 4x12 cab of respectable quality is about 400-500.....and baseline for a 100 watt tube amp head of respectable quality is bout 800

it genius. marshall logo sells. slap it on junk and bam....new product line. i pity the fools that bought that. sur i bought a 90 dollar spider in my inexperience. hey it makes a GREAT i pod speaker. but good god i didnt drop 550 on that garbage.

its not like marshall is saying the MG sounds like a TSL or something. It's an entry level piece of equipment that only costs $100. It's made to pretty much just work, not be amazing.

And yes you can definitely get a good tube amp for under $800.
I may be buying a JCM 900 Dual Reverb this week for $350. That that make it a shitty amp?
Also companiesl ike Bugera and Peavey make cheaper tube amps at more affordable prices. All of bugeras comparable amps are about 20% cheaper than the competitors.

Bugera 333xl, 6260, 1990, v55
Peavey Valveking, Windsor, Vypyr, 6505+ 112 Combo
Blackstar HT-5, 20
Jet City JCA 20, 50
Orange AD5, Tiny Terror
etc. etc. etc.

All of them being tube amps under $800, some of them better than others but you get the point
Quote by SmokeJs
The Spyder will be the best amp you've ever played, just do it!

Be gone!
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90