Dunno if you're looking for wah WITH distortion or wah AND distortion...

for wahs, the only 2 i would use would be:

-Ibanez Weaping Deamon (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-WD7JR-Weeping-Demon-Wah-Junior-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=423683&src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0&gclid=COnLpd-F6aICFdFN5QodmTLW8w)
-Morley Power Wah (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Morley-Power-Wah-Pedal?sku=150787&ZYXSEM=0&src=3AGGWXX2) (though i like the old versions better than these new ones)

Do you really mean DISTORTION, or do you mean 'dirt' which can mean Fuzz, Distortion and Overdrive?
I use the ibanez weeping demon and the EHX bass muff for my wah/fuzz needs and they've never let me down.
no sig for joo
Aw dammit... i wrote a big long in depth reply and the comp froze.

So abridged version:

There are a TON of fuzzes that range in new-prices from $75 to $300+

Heres a partial list of well reviewed and bass friendly fuzzes:

-Zvex Wooly Mammoth
-Chunk Systems Brown Dog
-Malekko B:assmaster
-Sandfordandsonny Bluebeard Fuzz
-Way Huge Swollen Pickle
-Devi Ever Cherry Pop/Hyperion/Godzilla/Ledgend of Fuzz/Disaster Fuzz/TBD
-Blackout Effects Musket Fuzz
-EHX Bass Big Muff/Russian Muff
-MXR El Grande Bass Fuzz
-Boss FZ-5
-Fender Sub-Lime Bass Fuzz

You can youtube most of these to get examples. You can also visit the maker sites for examples.

Check out www.bassfuzz.com for an AWESOME resource for fuzz on bass reviews. Also, just cause it's awesome, check out www.deviever.com because her stuff just rules.

FWIW: I use a Bluebeard and Bass muff. I have owned, in the past; a russian muff, swollen pickle, and cherry pop.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/bass_effects/

A personally use a Boss ODB-3, its a little noisy especially considering my cheap pickups but you can really get versatile distortion and fuzz out of it. If I were to get a wah, I'd get a Dunlop Bass Wah pure and simple.
My Rig:

-Peavey T-40
-Fender Bassman 250/210
-Boss Bass Overdrive ODB-3

"Rock and Roll is the only religion that will never let you down!" - Lemmy Kilmister
The Ibanez PD7 is working great for me. Personally I like the PD7 more than the ODB-3, but those are pretty much the pedals I've had the chance to look at/buy
For wah, I'll back the Weeping Demon. Great wah.

My primary fuzz is a Earthbound Audio Effects Supercollider, but I have a Fulltone bass driver running a slightly dirty tone into it first, then blend it all with a clean signal.

Sounds good man.

Though in balance, fuzzes cover a huge range of sounds, and wahs all behave very differently. Trying them out it the best thing to do.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I use a Boss ODB-3 and Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard Fuzz. My tone sounds like a thousand woolly mammoths on fire being castrated by howler monkeys while being sucked into a black hole created by the Large Hadron Collider.

Not everyone likes it, but I can't hear them telling me so because I'm too busy MELTING THEIR FACES.
Quote by Lazarus.Bird
I use a Boss ODB-3 and Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard Fuzz. My tone sounds like a thousand woolly mammoths on fire being castrated by howler monkeys while being sucked into a black hole created by the Large Hadron Collider.

Not everyone likes it, but I can't hear them telling me so because I'm too busy MELTING THEIR FACES.

I'm using this now. Send me a message with your settings.

Edit:
And where can I get one of these Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard Fuzz pedals?
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Last edited by Nolanrox at Jul 13, 2010,
It's one guy who makes them. Luckily I live near him and was able to get one pretty quickly, but there is a wait list to get one. You can check him out here: http://www.myspace.com/sanfordandsonny

His e-mail is listed there and the best way to get one is to e-mail him and ask about getting a pedal. If you search these forums for that pedal, lots of people will tell you that you can go with similar pedals or make your own similar pedal with the russian big muff kits, etc which is probably true but anyone who owns one will tell you it's a great pedal. Heard he's difficult to get ahold of but I had no issues. Could also try calling Atomic Music in maryland to see if they have any in stock to sell.
Quote by Lazarus.Bird
It's one guy who makes them. Luckily I live near him and was able to get one pretty quickly, but there is a wait list to get one. You can check him out here: http://www.myspace.com/sanfordandsonny

His e-mail is listed there and the best way to get one is to e-mail him and ask about getting a pedal. If you search these forums for that pedal, lots of people will tell you that you can go with similar pedals or make your own similar pedal with the russian big muff kits, etc which is probably true but anyone who owns one will tell you it's a great pedal. Heard he's difficult to get ahold of but I had no issues. Could also try calling Atomic Music in maryland to see if they have any in stock to sell.

Atomic hasn't had any in stock in a while. It's WAY easier just to contact Sonny directly.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Damn.
I hate waiting.
I think I'm just gonna get a Tortuga Sasquatch. =]
Maybe when the list dies down or something. I'll get a Bluebeard Fuzz.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by Nolanrox
Damn.
I hate waiting.
I think I'm just gonna get a Tortuga Sasquatch. =]
Maybe when the list dies down or something. I'll get a Bluebeard Fuzz.

Sonny doesn't have much in the way of huge orders right now. It's as good a time as any to get a bluebeard...
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Well...how much are they?
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by Nolanrox
Well...how much are they?

Dunno... he's a friend. I just traded stuff for mine.

I think they're $160ish. Could be wrong though...
I'll try to get one when I get some birthday money.
But I'm still stuck between that and the Tortuga Sasquatch.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92