Search it, there's a million threads with the answer to that.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
The 5150 head IS the blockletter head. The non-block letter head is the 6505
Quote by LukeBTH
The 5150 head IS the blockletter head. The non-block letter head is the 6505

That is not correct. Most of the 5150 Mk1s have a script logo. They also produced some block letter logo amps that had the same exact circuitry. Some claim the block letter 5150s are better but I think that is subjective. More rare maybe but necessarily better.

The 5150 II/6505+ (same amp btw) has nothing to do with it. These amps had an extra preamp tube and seperate channel controls (more knobs).

Here - look on this site. You will some of the 5150s clearly say EVH next to the power switch and some have Eddies signature in cursive. Does that help?

http://www.fjamods.com/5150.html
There is no difference in circuitry between block letter and script 5150s....the only difference was tube brand coming from the factory...and if you have a 5150 with original tubes...CHANGE THEM ALREADY! The front panel was changed...that's it:'The faceplate was changed after the first year of production due to a trademark dispute.' The block letters are definitely harder to find...and I think that lends a lot to the myth of them being better. Some people have claimed that the block letters have better components...but remember, nothing was changed in the circuitry.

EDIT: You also need to read closely to those claiming a difference between the two amps...one claimed 'the circuitry looked much different, but I'm not an electrician so I don't really know what I'm looking at'
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jul 13, 2010,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
That is not correct. Most of the 5150 Mk1s have a script logo. They also produced some block letter logo amps that had the same exact circuitry. Some claim the block letter 5150s are better but I think that is subjective. More rare maybe but necessarily better.

The 5150 II/6505+ (same amp btw) has nothing to do with it. These amps had an extra preamp tube and seperate channel controls (more knobs).

Here - look on this site. You will some of the 5150s clearly say EVH next to the power switch and some have Eddies signature in cursive. Does that help?

http://www.fjamods.com/5150.html

Hmm, I stand corrected. Thank you for teaching me something new