Hey guys I came back from my local guitar store and they said that it was impossible to install a button killswitch in my guitar because the body was too thick. They suggested a toggle killswitch but I would really prefer a button The tone and volume knobs on this guitar are recessed so I guess it would make sense that the killswitch would have to be recessed into the body as well. Just wondering if PRS could install one for me or if anyone has done something like this before. Thanks.
You could do it, but you've have to drill a hole for the switch, then route through the cavity on the rear... far enough to be able to mount the switch properly (so if the thread is 10mm, you'd need to route until you only had around 8mm of top left. You'd also need to route leaving a face parallel to the top, otherwise your switch wouldn't sit cleanly.
There isnt a problem with drilling the whole. It's just finding a button that would extend far enough into the body without having to hollow out the inside. Here's a picture of the guitar. As you can see the volume, tone, and pickup knobs are recessed so I would have to do something like that or find someone to do it for me. http://www.imuso.co.uk/images/Legacy/Product/EG03521.jpg. Thanks.
Quote by chamcham123
Thank you soo much man! What do you mean by "it's slower than regular buttons"? This could work!

the kill pot is a little stiffer than the buttons you get from radio shack. i can get it going pretty fast but not buckethead fast
Quote by cainmd
the kill pot is a little stiffer than the buttons you get from radio shack. i can get it going pretty fast but not buckethead fast

Dang I'm pretty much installing it for the sake of playing buckethead fast. Is there any way to grease it up and make it faster or is it just the way it is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UFgh3zhvOo
go to like 230

i have it on my ec-1000 and the knobs are kinda big and doofy. i havent tried tweeking it at all but i can still play buckethead songs with it. you just have to try harder than just a regular killswitch. i just went with the killpot because my guitar has the recesses too and id rather have a killswitch even if it's not what im used to. i bought it with the same expectations as you, i'm not disappointed with it.
Last edited by cainmd at Jul 13, 2010,
I'm at work right now so the computer I'm on doesn't have speakers but I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks for the help!