Ok guys I'm having trouble remembering a certain term used for characters in stories. It's used when the author purposefully makes the characters seem like empty (for lack of a better word) so that the reader can put themselves in their shoes and imagine that it's them in the story. I cannot for the life of me remember what the term for that is...I think the term has a common name in it like Sue or something...

-Thanks
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Twilight comes to mind...

How 'bout the Twilight effect?
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda
Twilight comes to mind...

How 'bout the Twilight effect?

Nope that's not it. I just found it actually! It's called Mary Sue and Gary Stu characters!

Thanks for your help though
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

stock character?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Twilight.

'Mary Sue' refers to when a character (typically main character) is awesome at everything, possibly because the author is inserting themselves into the character. Tis bad writing, and very boring to read. Eragon and Edward Cullen are examples of 'Gary Sues'. Awesome, gets da girls, very snazzy. The Twilight formula seems to be *bland female role that reader can insert self into* *because* *she has Gary Sue after her*.

There's a site somewhere that will rate your character's mary/gary sueness xD.

Edit:. Oh. Gary 'Stu'. Yeah.
Ohai.

Actually from Canada.
Good band name.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!