Hey all, its been way too long since ive posted. but i needed to stop by for a quick question.

has anyone dealt with cloth wiring? if so, would you have done it again? Did it really end up looking that much better?

i got a few hundred feet of it for free, and being that i havent built a customer pedal in months im itching to give it a shot.

thanks all!
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
not really worth it to waste it on guitars and pedals. build a tube amp for it

srsly though. i've dealt with it. harder to cut to length because of the cloth. if it isnt lacquered it will snag very easily and fray very easily. such is the case with some home made pickups i have from 1960. still, it looks pretty cool.

but I wouldnt waste it in a pedal or guitar. that's almost a capital sin
i have plenty. im going to practice a little though on this guitar just because it looks SOOOO pretty!

thanks though, im really starting to notice how anoying this is.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by Invader Jim
yeah, wait until you start threading it through wire holes into the main cavity.

most of my holes i overdrilled, thank allah

getting the leads to go into the holes of a switch cleanly was the hardest part
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

oh trust me, i have plent to practice with a good source for much much more.

i must admit, it does look alot sexier.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

the wiring is not done completely (gotta drill holes in the guitar first). but i will glady take some pictures of some of the pieces once i return from getting some eats.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

blah, could have done better now

yes, they're stereo. but they will be replaced with singles once i get them. these were free.

now.. i wonder what this might be used for? hmmm..

and the gorgeous DX10D dinky this is all going into.

Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

What is that little black bar? some sort of piezo? And I got some cloth wire from Stewmac on accident, and I think it is cheaper than buying normal wire from them, but upon it's arrival, I had already gotten some normal stuff, so I haven't used much of it. because it is the only solid core wire I have, I cut off a couple lengths just to use for bread boarding but still have a bunch left.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
the black bar is a nice brand new $40 piezo i got for free :p
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

I personally think cloth wiring is super easy to use. It never gets caught, or frays.
Maybe I'm just lucky or insanely talented
Looks great though!
superman is killing himself tonight
Huh, I had a problem with it at first cause I didn't have any good cutters, mine were dull as crap. But then my grandma, who used to solder for a living gave me all of her old stuff, as she has since retired and cannot solder anymore and I got like 10+ irons, a ton of solder and braid, a pump and a bunch of good cutters and wire strippers.

And you seem to be getting a lot of free stuff! Pots, switches, hundreds of feet of wire, peizo bars...

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
yeah, 90% of my problems were getting it cut right/stripped.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.