Right, so I just got a job and I'm in serious need of a gear upgrade. I'm a drummer and bassist too so It's hard to divide cash up between them all

I currently play a cheap (but admittedly solid) strat copy, and It's getting on for 10 years old now, so I'm looking for a replacement. I've been looking at MIM strats and telecasters but I can't really decide. I like Les Pauls too but they're really heavy so it's not really my first choice.

I don't really play through an amp or in a band at all, but I play pop punk, rock, some classic rock and a little maiden every now and then.

Personally I'm leaning towards the telecaster but I really don't know.

Oh, it has to be left handed as well, which drives the price up quite a lot
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Buy something cheap that feels good like an Ibanez then throw better pick ups in it. When you buy a Les Paul or Strat, a quarter of the price is the name.
A used MIA strat/tele?
'08 Fender Deluxe Blackout Telecaster
'08 Squier Jagmaster w/ 2 DiMarzio PAFs (DP103/DP223)
'91 Seagull S6 CW Acoustic/Electric
Fender Super Champ XD
Digitech Whammy WH-4
EHX Big Muff Pi (NYC)
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
I would go your nearest guitar shop and give a few guitars a play. That way you will find the one that looks, feels and sounds right for you. The MIM's are good guitars once setup the way you want.
what about an sg? great sound and not as heavy as a paul. can get some good epi's for a few hundred quid. try gak.co.uk
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
Can't go wrong with Strats, can't go wrong with Tele's, can't go wrong with LP's!

Well you can, But stick with MIM, MIA, Epi, Agile, etc...
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by Univibe
Buy something cheap that feels good like an Ibanez then throw better pick ups in it. When you buy a Les Paul or Strat, a quarter of the price is the name.

Not much point because I don't play through an amp. That and I really hate Ibanez

Quote by kreddy2
A used MIA strat/tele?

Thought about it, but they're still expensive for a decent one. New they're nearly £1200 so used they're still about £7-800.

Quote by iamflipbaby
what about an sg? great sound and not as heavy as a paul. can get some good epi's for a few hundred quid. try gak.co.uk

Not thought about it, but I'll give a few a try.

Thanks guys.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

You're paying £500 for an electric guitar that you aren't going to use through an amp...

My advice, get an acoustic. Mostof the time high prices are because of good electronics in the guitar, so really you're paying at least £300 for absolutely nothing.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Bassist Rising
You're paying £500 for an electric guitar that you aren't going to use through an amp...

My advice, get an acoustic. Mostof the time high prices are because of good electronics in the guitar, so really you're paying at least £300 for absolutely nothing.

^ basically that. If you're not plugged in the difference between guitars is just comfort and playability and you can probably find a comfortable, playable guitar for < 300, that said.... buy a lunchbox amp or something for crying out loud.
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR Special.
EpiG400 lefty w/Dimarzio X2N/ Irongear Hot Slag
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
2x12 Cab w/ WGS v30 / gt65
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah truebypass
ICP Gstring Decimator