what is a good scale/riff or other to learn to be able to play fast bit like MAB
if so one can post a tab of this is it would be appreciated

thanks
To play fast, you must first practice, a lot, but a pretty basic and usefull scale is the Pentatonic scale.
Prog <3
Why would you aspire to shred like MAB? He's one of the most mechanical shredders out there.

Mechanical shred sounds crap (as does most shred in general).

If you want to be able to play fast then aspire to be like Yngwie Malmsteen (his early stuff) it flows it doesn't sound like hes playing straight notes to a metronome.
Quote by metal head 1
whats a good penatonic to start with

E Minor or A Major
Prog <3
Quote by griffRG7321
Why would you aspire to shred like MAB? He's one of the most mechanical shredders out there.

Mechanical shred sounds crap (as does most shred in general).

If you want to be able to play fast then aspire to be like Yngwie Malmsteen (his early stuff) it flows it doesn't sound like hes playing straight notes to a metronome.

Shit we could spend all day listing more inspiring guitarists.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Umm, doesn't shred = really fast scales? Just learn anything and practice a lot.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Watch and practice every Paul Gilbert guitar lesson on Youtube, and you'll be well on your way to shred glory.
Quote by Eveuth
Watch and practice every Paul Gilbert guitar lesson on Youtube, and you'll be well on your way to shred glory.

I agree with Eveuth, i just bought Paul Gilberts latest DVD and he has some really helpfuly tips.
I don't shred myself, but from what I know, It has a lot to do with finger independence. there is a good excersize I came across that helps with that.

This guy gives an okay explanation

And other than that, I would say chromatic scale excersizes up and down the neck with a metronome.

As far as actually playing, I would say the pentatonic scale, the major scale, and the 3 minor scales are a good place to start.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
There is nothing that will teach you to 'shred' - what 'shred' even means i don't know, but i'll just assume you mean phraseless fast 16th notes. If you do, my advice is please don't expose any of your playing to the world.

The second bit of advice is - learn to use a metronome.
Practice. It comes with time and practice.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
why all the MAB hate? he can play hella fast and with both hands, don't even pretend you wouldn't want dem skills.