So im thinkin about puttin some active pickups on my mim fender jazz biass; i'd like to add little clarity to my tone and do anything really to preserve that "ding" kinda sound that comes along with a new set of boomers, plus the stock pups on my bass now are rusting away with sweat and other bodily fluids.

The thing is i've never really taken the time to dissect my bass before, so im not sure if there's already space inside for a 9v or anything else that goes along with active pickups.
You'd have to cut away at the body for a space for the battery and gut out all the electronics for the actives. If you seriously don't know what you're doing and don't want to ruin a good bass, take it to a luthier and get them to do it for you. It may cost a bit though.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
There's a difference between active pickups, and active electronics. Which one are u asking for?
Quote by Skeletomania
There's a difference between active pickups, and active electronics. Which one are u asking for?

This.

Either way, it's a bit of an undertaking if you're not sure about what you're doing.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Quote by fleajr_1412
You'd have to cut away at the body for a space for the battery and gut out all the electronics for the actives. If you seriously don't know what you're doing and don't want to ruin a good bass, take it to a luthier and get them to do it for you. It may cost a bit though.

You'd be able to cram a 9v into the control cavity of a Jazz.