Im stuck between these to two amps(i like both tones from both amps) mostly because idk about the bugera's reliability and the blackstar only being 40watts. if i get either i will be running it through an over sized 2x12. i gig but nothing to big 200-250 people.
I was leaning toward the bugera because the ability to crank the 40watts more and better reliability.
Quote by The1no1likes
Im stuck between these to two amps(i like both tones from both amps) mostly because idk about the bugera's reliability and the blackstar only being 40watts. if i get either i will be running it through an over sized 2x12. i gig but nothing to big 200-250 people.
I was leaning toward the bugera because the ability to crank the 40watts more and better reliability.

Bugera has been reliable over the past year and gigging with a 40 watt tube amp is easily enough.

And I am confused with the last sentence, you said you were not sure about Bugera's reliability, only to end with: "...leaning toward the bugera because the ability to crank the 40watts more and better reliability."

I'm assuming you mean't the Blackstar ht 40.

What genre are you looking for?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
ya i meant blackstar...sorry im running on 3 hours of sleep. The genre i play is punk/alternative rock.
Schecter C-1 classic
Fender Blues Junior

EHX metal muff
Digitech Hardwire delay
Rockband mic (gotta record some how)

new guitar: $282/$500
Quote by The1no1likes
ya i meant blackstar...sorry im running on 3 hours of sleep. The genre i play is punk/alternative rock.

Bugera 333xl
Used Egnater Rebel 30

Budget?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
budget is $600 and dont mind going used
Schecter C-1 classic
Fender Blues Junior

EHX metal muff
Digitech Hardwire delay

do what old school punk guys did, take a fender deluxe reverb, crank it, throw an od in front, crank it there ya go.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
also if anyone knows regarding bugera reliability...what actually goes wrong in the amps? and is the problem fixed because i dont want to have to worry about the amp too much besides extra tubes.
Schecter C-1 classic
Fender Blues Junior

EHX metal muff
Digitech Hardwire delay

Quote by Skagasm
do what old school punk guys did, take a fender deluxe reverb, crank it, throw an od in front, crank it there ya go.

im doing that now actually with a blues junior and ocd...pretty cool sound just not as saturated as i would like
Schecter C-1 classic
Fender Blues Junior

EHX metal muff
Digitech Hardwire delay

Quote by The1no1likes
also if anyone knows regarding bugera reliability...what actually goes wrong in the amps? and is the problem fixed because i dont want to have to worry about the amp too much besides extra tubes.

If you get a new one you should be fine, anything before 08 or 09 I think is not a good idea...

An used JCM 900 might be in your price range, not sure.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
isnt a 900 a one channel amp? because i need a 2 channeler with an alright clean
Schecter C-1 classic
Fender Blues Junior

EHX metal muff
Digitech Hardwire delay

Get the Blackstar. DEFINITELY get the Blackstar.
If you play anything smaller than Lollapalooza you don't need more than 40 watts and a 4x12. Also, the Bugera is kind of blech if you're playing anything deserving the label "alternative."
Quote by The1no1likes
isnt a 900 a one channel amp? because i need a 2 channeler with an alright clean

I'm not sure, I was just suggesting it since it sounds good, to me, for punk and people usually suggest it.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by The1no1likes
im doing that now actually with a blues junior and ocd...pretty cool sound just not as saturated as i would like

hmmm than go with one of the bugera's but deff keep that combo goin man thats some good tones. cranked up fender with an od=lovely rich harmonic saturation
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by sonic_777111
Get the Blackstar. DEFINITELY get the Blackstar.
If you play anything smaller than Lollapalooza you don't need more than 40 watts and a 4x12. Also, the Bugera is kind of blech if you're playing anything deserving the label "alternative."

what about 40 watts through an oversized 2x12 plus the combo speaker?is that loud enough? And i dont really understand your last sentence?
Schecter C-1 classic
Fender Blues Junior

EHX metal muff
Digitech Hardwire delay