guitar number 1:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/33836-dean-mab-1-armourflame-graphic-michael-angelo-batio-signature-guitar.html

guitar number 2:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/44796-esp-ltd-kh-602-kirk-hammett-signature-electric-guitar-black-.html

I've done a hell of a lot of research to finding my perfect guitar, and it's rounded down to these 2,

I play heavy metal (mainly older styles, such as pentera/metallica, but still play the occassional metalcore and other modern stuff) , and love playing solos, both fast and slow, I like playing clean stuff too

using that info, what do you think would be the best guitar out of those two, for me to pick? I'm looking for overall quality really, except don't include the looks of the guitars in your opinions, becuase I LOVE the looks of both :P

thanks for help!
Screw the ESP Kirk Hammett. In my Experience, those things are SHIT, even the expensive ones.

You should also look at a Schecter C-1. IMO it beats both of those guitars...

EDIT:

Check out these babes :

White Schecter C-1
Sexy Green Schecter C-1
Sexy Blue Schecter C-1

Also look into the EC-1000s. They're really good guitars.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Jul 13, 2010,
both of those aren't particularly great, you can get the same specs for a lot less cash. i'd recommend looking at the deluxe series ESP Ltd models, and Prestige Ibanez RGs and some schecter's as well. if cleans mean a lot to you then maybe try to stay away from guitars with active EMGs. Personally i think they're pretty good but some find them to not be as great for cleans, and a bit "stale" when it comes to the distortion.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
just from the comparison of equipment of the two, the dean is the better choice. it has better tuning machines and more tone options from the 81/sa/85 combo

if you're on a budget, or just looking to save some money, the esp is your guitar, but if you can go that extra 30 bucks, buy the dean
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it. ~Henry David Thoreau
Out of those, the MAB without a doubt. HSH combo with an FRO. Pretty much a better guitar overall.
Quote by shredftw
both of those aren't particularly great, you can get the same specs for a lot less cash. i'd recommend looking at the deluxe series ESP Ltd models, and Prestige Ibanez RGs and some schecter's as well. if cleans mean a lot to you then maybe try to stay away from guitars with active EMGs. Personally i think they're pretty good but some find them to not be as great for cleans, and a bit "stale" when it comes to the distortion.

thanks for your reply, how easy do you reckon humbuckers are to install ?
If they don't need routing, then fairly easily. It just requires some soldering.

But if you're going from active to passive, you need replace the whole insides, which is mainly time consuming if you don't exactly know what you're doing.
Quote by Dream Floyd
Screw the ESP Kirk Hammett. In my Experience, those things are SHIT, even the expensive ones.

You should also look at a Schecter C-1. IMO it beats both of those guitars...

EDIT:

Check out these babes :

White Schecter C-1
Sexy Green Schecter C-1
Sexy Blue Schecter C-1

Also look into the EC-1000s. They're really good guitars.

thanks for reply;

I do like the look of those C-1's, but i dont want to go through the hassle of having to get a tremolo bridge installed, and a whammy bar for my new guitar is a must have

also, about the EC-1000s, i have already checked those out, and similar guitars to those, and I just don't like the shape of them, I just generally find that shape very uncomfortable :/
Um, have you ever played either of those? How do you even know you like them?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Um, have you ever played either of those? How do you even know you like them?

i can't find anywhere at all that will let me have a go on any guitars that I like the idea of(unless you live in the uk and own any of those and are willing to let strangers try them out? o_o ), so I have to just take other peoples reviews, and take into account their hardware etc, and it's not too much of a worry, they have a 14 day money back gaurantee
Oh you wanted a tremolo, sorry wait a sec.

EDIT : Schecter Blackjack Faded Black

Schecter Blackjack, plain black
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Jul 13, 2010,
Definitely don't get the dean. Absolutely worst guitars for the prices. Super overpriced cheap made pieces of garbage. Any cheap Ibanez RG would be better than any Dean guitar.

The ESP wouldn't be bad, look at some other ESP/LTD's and some Ibanez(RG, or S)

The Dean would be a super fail.