Alright, so I'm finally ready to invest in my first pedalboard. To start off, I'm looking for a wah, a delay, and an overdrive. I'm not looking for top of the line equipment, just stuff to get me going.

Wah - I listen to funk rock like Extreme, but I also love the large sweeps of heavy metal wah. Nothing over $100. Morley Power Wah caught my eye.

Delay - I'd much prefer a digital delay, but it has to have a decent analog imitation. Nothing over $170 I'm 99.9% sure I want the TC Nova Repeater

Overdrive - Requires true bypass, I want it be transparent. Digitech Bad Monkey and the Boss SD-1 looked good, but the Hardwire Tube Overdrive looks even better.

Finally, I need a power supply as I'm not keen on swapping batteries. Visual Sound 1 and Godlyke Power-All interested me, but its cheap and I'm seeing mixed review on reliability. Plus the TC Nova is 12V. So far I'm liking the looks of this the best, but there arent many reviews out there and I dont know what to do with it ... Will a 18V output power the 12V TC fine?

Any advice and suggestions are welcome, since I don't really know what to look for in a power supply. Thanks!
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
wah and delay sound good. you might want to check out Danelectro's Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive for your OD.

i'm not the man for power supplies.
Last edited by gnomieowns at Jul 13, 2010,
The Nova reapeater can run on 9v just so you know.
You could also look at the Deluxe Memory Boy, it has a bunch of features and it's only like 180$, it sounds very good too. I know it's analog but I'd take one over the Nova Repeater anyday.
The Morley Wah is very good.
As for the od, what do you want to do with it?
Quote by Sguit
The Nova reapeater can run on 9v just so you know.
You could also look at the Deluxe Memory Boy, it has a bunch of features and it's only like 180$, it sounds very good too. I know it's analog but I'd take one over the Nova Repeater anyday.
The Morley Wah is very good.
As for the od, what do you want to do with it?

I read that the headroom of the Nova is decreased when using a 9V. Not sure exactly what that means in terms of delay

I briefly looked at the Memory Boy Deluxe, but the TC Nova has a reverse delay, which is important to me.

For the OD, I'm want to use it as a clean boost and also to push my amp to more distorted tones.

And I'll check out the Danelectro, thanks.
Gear
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
Fender MIM Strat

Just so you know true-bypass isn't always the best. As far as ODs go it really doesn't matter that much as long as you get a good OD. Basically any Maxon, Ibanez TS, vintage DOD and other Ibanez, and I've even heard good things about the Dano Cool Cat Drive. EDIT: if you don't want to use the gain of an OD at all, you can buy a dedicated clean boost (Catalinbread Chili Picoso comes to mind... plenty of others though)

Wah.... really there are only a few that really stand a head above the rest, mostly in terms of prestige lol. RMC, Fulltone Clyde, and then Buddah Budwah are the top rated as far as my research tells me. Expensive Dunlops are OK, but it would be just as good to mod a used GCB-95 to hell and back with true bypass, new inductors, teach yourself modding and have a better wah for still half the price of a Crybaby from Hell.

Delay: Still on a search myself. Really I think you just have to play them to know exactly what your going to get. Hard for me because the only ones I can play are a DD-3 and an Echo Park, without travelling across the world haha

A good reverb can really be good to have, I'd recommend a reverb over a power supply for now, just use batteries until you can afford a daisy chain or something. 3 Pedals wouldn't cost you a fortune to run on batteries for a month or two (as long as you unplug after use)
Last edited by Tedward at Jul 13, 2010,
the Visual Sound 1 spot is good. I have one. I've hooked up all of my pedals to it, all of them on at the same time, and no problems. It sounded unbearable, but I was more just testing it out, and making sure that it could handle it. It can. It's good.

Oh, PS, I have the 8 plug adapter, you'll probably want one too, because once you get a pedal, you're already tumbling down a bumpy pedal acquisition hill.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
the Visual Sound 1 spot is good. I have one. I've hooked up all of my pedals to it, all of them on at the same time, and no problems. It sounded unbearable, but I was more just testing it out, and making sure that it could handle it. It can. It's good.

Oh, PS, I have the 8 plug adapter, you'll probably want one too, because once you get a pedal, you're already tumbling down a bumpy pedal acquisition hill.

I see comments like this, then I see comments about the unbearable noise it creates. I definitely would get the 8 plug though... I dont own a single pedal yet and I can already see where I'm going

@Tedward: Concerning the reverb, I am satisfied with my amplifier's built in reverb.
Gear
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
Fender MIM Strat