i recently tested a tokai tbird and it sounded lovely. i was wondering if any one had tested both and found a difference between them and which one would be better in investing in.
not a lot of difference in the price of the epi pro 4 tbird and the tokai. i like tokai's but wld go epi
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
the MIK's are generally considered bad too. i have a tokai sg MIK tho and it sounds great
Tokai SG in Ebony

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
Quote by iamflipbaby
the MIK's are generally considered bad too. i have a tokai sg MIK tho and it sounds great

No they aren't

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
No they aren't

well most people seem to think they are but wotevs. either way its still sounds great. and i still think id go for the epi. better woods an pickups etc. the tokai. wld b basswood or somethin
Tokai SG in Ebony

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
The Tokai I played was a craptonne lighter than my old Epi and sounded just a hell of a lot better as well, none of that "mud" that the epis seem to cop a lot of crap for. Also another big selling point is the bridge. None of that terrible three-point crap just a normal old bass bridge. I'd go the Tokai if I had my time again.

EDIT: Oh and iirc the Tokai has a set-neck as opposed to the bolt on on the epi, It matters to some people but I couldn't care less between the two. Neck throughs all the way!
Last edited by consecutive e at Jul 14, 2010,