Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone else was having pain in the skin along the side of the fingernail....I have been playing guitar for about 3 years now so it is calloused already....but the pain hurts very bad, sometimes I ain't even able to play guitar when I really want to so bad. Please help with this. I have been to the doctor,and she said she didn't know what it was.
i actually have this too, and i just so happened to have asked my doctor today during a checkup. theyre called ingrown fingernails, and what i was told to do was let my fingers grow out a little bit again before cutting them, and when i do cut them, not to go as short as i can, and leave a little overhang. that way they can only grow forwards, and not out. ive also heard that you can cut a V in the middle of your fingernail so that the pressure goes into the V and closes it, instead of your finger.
also constant pressure can cause pain aswell even if only small amounts.
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
i've heard about the v thing, and i've read some stuff on here about it, and doctors say don't do it. so i don't really wanna try that but i'll try that and let them grow out alot thanks