Sup guys.

Not gonna lie here, i feel like a noob.

But, I need help.

So here's the deal:

I'm going to buy a matched quartet of 6l6GC tubes for my 6505+

Do I need to bias them? (kinda thinking that it's a yes... but i've heard people say that you don't need to with a 6505+)

I need a multimeter/bias probe thing. Which one, in specific, should I buy?

posting a link to where to buy would be nice

Sorry for having newbie questions , but I can't find anywhere on the net that deals with 6505+'s in specific.
Well, since you will be dealing with potentials that are very lethal, i'd advise you to not bias your own amp if you feel you don't have enough knowledge. Get a tech to replace the tubes, that's what i would do if i were you
A lot of amps have fixed bias. Which means... that you still need to buy the proper tubes for your amp. Take my Mesa Lonestar for example. It has fixed bias. The tubes that Mesa installed at the factory were identified with a color, if I recall correct. When buying new tubes, I have to use that color to match the tubes to the ones I'm buying. If I buy tubes that require more bias, my amp won't provide enough and they'll run cool and won't sound right. If I buy tubes that require less bias, the amp will provide too much, they'll run hot and won't last as long. Bottom line is this - you need to find out what your amp is set for and buy those tubes. Groove Tubes uses a matching system and most online vendors can tell you what you need based on your amp. When I bought new tubes for my Peavey VK112, I told the vendor what I had and they made sure I got the correct tubes that matched my amp.
Quote by stykerwolf
Well, since you will be dealing with potentials that are very lethal, i'd advise you to not bias your own amp if you feel you don't have enough knowledge. Get a tech to replace the tubes, that's what i would do if i were you

+1
Quote by stykerwolf

Yea. I know the dangers. But, I REALLY can't afford paying for it.

And my local tech won't show me how to (i even offered to pay him for retubing AND showing me how)

So yea... help a bro out?
Would you rather afford to pay 40 bucks for a tech, or cause 3rd degree burning across your arm?
Quote by stykerwolf
Would you rather afford to pay 40 bucks for a tech, or cause 3rd degree burning across your arm?

Well, Everyone has to start somewhere.
Get a high voltage discharge stick from ted weber, then go through pages of tube biasing off google
Quote by stykerwolf

I LOL'ed

There was a thread on biasing a 6505 about 3 hours ago. TS, next time do a quick search in the search bar before starting a new thread.

I'd pay the tech if I were you. If you don't know what you're doing, you can severely hurt your amp and yourself. If you want to learn but your tech won't show you how, find another tech.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by Pwnersupreme
Well, Everyone has to start somewhere.

+1 Well said.

That amp tech wont show you because he wants you to keep coming back. Knowing this kind of attitude, he would probably do a shit job just to justify that.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander
+1 Well said.

That amp tech wont show you because he wants you to keep coming back. Knowing this kind of attitude, he would probably do a shit job just to justify that.

Nah dude. He's awesome. Just a total hardass

i'd trust the guy if he told me that throwing my amp of my roof would make it sound like Jesus.