I have my schecter for my dirtier, metal-y, distorted stuff, now I was looking for something with better cleans. I'm going to be playing in jazz band for school, and it'd probably take the place of my acoustic. Staying in standard, playing the more chordy songs. ANy suggestions? Amp in sig. Budget, $500.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Well, I had a Traynor DG15, and I really don't think you're gonna get a good clean tone out of it without some sort of, like, acoustic simulator pedal or something(if they even make those, haha), judging from my experience with the amp. BUT my opinion aside, Seymour Duncan '59s are supposed to be great for cleans in the neck position, so anything with one of those should do.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Fender Mexican Strat if you're looking for cheap.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
idk my Washburn gets nice cleans out of it with the neck pickup it doesnt entirely bass your ears out annd the highs are at least hearable but i would go with the PRS as a choice also theyre notoriously good for beautiful cleans especially if youre gonna be playing jazz
Last edited by Destinyrider22 at Jul 13, 2010,
A gretsch electromatic hollowbody would be a pretty good guitar
Live Guitars and Amps:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Es-335
Fender Telecaster
Matchless Dc-30
Vox AC30H2
Pedals:
Boss Tuner
Keeley Compressor
Kelley Katana
Ibanez Ts-9
Fulltone OCD
Ernieball Volume Jr.
Boss DD-20
i'd say go fender. either a telcaster or stratocaster, though i'd imagine the strat to be more versatile if you wan't to branch out a bit with it. but they both have amazing cleans.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
some form of PRS would be my preference.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Don't need a new guitar. My friend played in Jazz band with a 7 string w/ EMGs and a metal amp of some sort (idr the exact kind). He sounded just fine.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Quote by AlexAngus
What's wrong with your Les Paul for playing jazz?

Seriously... Only one of the greatest masters of Jazz ever invented the Les Paul!!!!
A Strat or a Tele.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by SmokeJs
Seriously... Only one of the greatest masters of Jazz ever invented the Les Paul!!!!

Maybe because its worth $10,000+ and he doesn't want to play it out, at least thats what i think the reason is.

I would say you can't really go wrong with a strat off some sort. Look at the MIM Fenders or some G&L Tributes
Get a semi-hollow. Ibanez as73.

Or a Epiphone les paul standard. The AS73 does Jazz better but the Les Paul is more versatile.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
PRS guitars, Teles, Strats, Les Pauls, SG's are all pretty good guitars for clean :P
I pick up pick,
I pick up guitar.
I think of melody.
I think of rhythm
I Strum,
Amp Go Boom.

I'd say hollowbody.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Your Schecter should be fine. Maybe invest in a new amp that's good for cleans like a JC-120.
like others suggested your les paul custom should work extremely well. i take it its the orginal 1961 because that would be like god for jazz isnt it?
Quote by wolvenrick
like others suggested your les paul custom should work extremely well. i take it its the orginal 1961 because that would be like god for jazz isnt it?

yeah but it probably not a good idea to take an ORIGINAL 1961 Les paul custom to school, dont u think?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
yeah but it probably not a good idea to take an ORIGINAL 1961 Les paul custom to school, dont u think?

Yeah that's not a good idea. Kids that "think they can play" will be touching it, asking to play it and will probably try to take it from you to play it. Which would then ensue a rage and you possibly hurting some one.

But my Suggestions : A Telecaster or a Thinline Telecaster.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Last edited by offthewall91 at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by offthewall91
Yeah that's not a good idea. Kids that "think they can play" will be touching it, asking to play it and will probably try to take it from you to play it. Which would then ensue a rage and you possibly hurting some one.

But my Suggestions : A Telecaster or a Thinline Telecaster.

why own it if your not gonna play it out, seems like an awful waste of a bedroom guitar, just get a locking case and whenever your done just lock it up and dont tell ANYONE how much it is worth. say you got it for like 50 bucks on ebay if they ask
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!