Ok so I’m in the market to replace the stock speakers on my Valveking cab. Main reason is because they not provide me with the clarity and tightness I’m looking for. I play mostly metalcore. So my question would be, what’s a good speaker to play this type of music and that won’t break the bank? Cab is 400w 16ohm

p.s. These are some that I had in mind but I don’t have any experience with them:

WGS Veteran '30
WGS Green Berets
Eminence Governors
Eminence Black Powder

Appreciate any suggestions
Guitars:
Schecter Blackjack C1 FR (Blackouts)
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger (EMG's)

Amp:
Valveking 100
Valveking Cab 4X12
Behringer V-Tone GMX212

Effects:
Maxxon OD808
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
Those are good speaker choices, but for metal i highly recommend the Eminence Man O War.
I was considering some different speakers for a more real heavy metal sound, so I will be looking for some answers as well, I have heard good things about Man O War's.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Does anyone know where to find Man o War used? I wll be needing 4 and def dont want to pay $300+
Guitars:

Amp:
Valveking 100
Valveking Cab 4X12
Behringer V-Tone GMX212

Effects:
Maxxon OD808
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
How would it sound if I do an X pattern leaving 2 stock peavey VK and replace 2 with Man o Wars? On a budget right now lol, times is rough!!
Guitars:

Amp:
Valveking 100
Valveking Cab 4X12
Behringer V-Tone GMX212

Effects:
Maxxon OD808
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
What do you call that?...oh yeah.. Bump!
Guitars:

Amp:
Valveking 100
Valveking Cab 4X12
Behringer V-Tone GMX212

Effects:
Maxxon OD808
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
I think you should just get rid of the Valveking cab and get a better cab, like a Mesa cab. The VK cab, should you ever decide to sell it down the line, is pretty worthless, even if you change the speakers in it. The Mesa cab will have much better resale value than the VK. You can get a used Mesa cab for $400 - $500 or so.

Also, get an equalizer and run it in the loop. Are you doing the dummy jack trick with the first input, btw? Gives you a bit more oomph and clarity than just running straight up into the first input.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
1. Sell the Valveking cab on kijiji for 200-300 dollars.
2. Buy Mesa cab on kijiji for 400-500 dollars.
3. Play breakdowns through a sexy, sleek, higher quality, better projected cabinet with two - four Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Raijouta
I think you should just get rid of the Valveking cab and get a better cab, like a Mesa cab. The VK cab, should you ever decide to sell it down the line, is pretty worthless, even if you change the speakers in it. The Mesa cab will have much better resale value than the VK. You can get a used Mesa cab for $400 - $500 or so.

Also, get an equalizer and run it in the loop. Are you doing the dummy jack trick with the first input, btw? Gives you a bit more oomph and clarity than just running straight up into the first input.

Thats true, i hate this f***ing cab! I might go that route, and yes Im running a "fish and chips" thru th fx loop and the dummy jack on the first input. Dont get me wrong brother the valveking sounds pretty decent for what u pay but the cab is like u said worthless.
Guitars:

Amp:
Valveking 100
Valveking Cab 4X12
Behringer V-Tone GMX212

Effects:
Maxxon OD808
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
Quote by Faux~Affliction
1. Sell the Valveking cab on kijiji for 200-300 dollars.
2. Buy Mesa cab on kijiji for 400-500 dollars.
3. Play breakdowns through a sexy, sleek, higher quality, better projected cabinet with two - four Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.

I would man but cant seem to find one around my area. Bumf*ck nowhere, TX
Guitars:

Amp:
Valveking 100
Valveking Cab 4X12
Behringer V-Tone GMX212

Effects:
Maxxon OD808
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
Try eBay. You could also go for an Avatar 4x12.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Try eBay. You could also go for an Avatar 4x12.

Woah! Ive never even heard of em but i just checked out the site and they have some pretty sweet deals!
Guitars:

Amp:
Valveking 100
Valveking Cab 4X12
Behringer V-Tone GMX212

Effects:
Maxxon OD808
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
Quote by Raijouta

This is exactly what I do. I'm running my VK through a Mesa slant cab with v30's in it. Look around dude, I got my 4x12 for $300!!! A great deal and rare find, I must admit, but be on the look out because this combination sounds excellent. The only thing I would say is maybe keep your eyes out for some G12's or something a little less trebly. My amp gets a bit trebly sometimes :/ But I am also lacking an EQ pedal (looking to get the MXR10-band soon.)

Quote by ootero.usa
Woah! Ive never even heard of em but i just checked out the site and they have some pretty sweet deals!

Avatar is a great option, too. I almost got one except for the fact that I randomly found my Mesa on craigslist.
I play guitar
Sometimes, when our youth group puts on a concert, I'll use this old B-52 4x12 cab, don't know why, but it sounds damn sweet with my VK.

But yeah, Avatar cabs are built to the exact specs as Mesa cabs, but 10 times cheaper for a new one, and you can customize it and load it with whatever combination of speakers you want.
Quote by )Eric(Draven

Avatar is a great option, too. I almost got one except for the fact that I randomly found my Mesa on craigslist.

Awesome, im going with the 212 tho, what speakers should i load it with? I play metalcore and love mids!!
Guitars:

Amp:
Valveking 100
Valveking Cab 4X12
Behringer V-Tone GMX212

Effects:
Maxxon OD808
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
v30s 212 299 summer sale. do that!

it's a great starter speaker. if you don't like something about later and can verbalize exactly what you don't like then you can move on from there.

do that!
Prs se Holcomb is the answer