I have an ltd mh53 (w/ floyd rose *if that helps), and for some reason whenever i try to do a full bend on the 19th fret of the high E string, the string mutes itself at the peak of the bend. i think it's because the string touches the metal strips that separate the higher frets.

how do i fix this problem? and please tell me if the description of my problem is unclear.
it sounds like your fretting out , try raising the string height a bit. if the problem still occurs take a look at the neck/ frets then tell me what you see
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
Quote by dr_shred
it sounds like your fretting out , try raising the string height a bit. if the problem still occurs take a look at the neck/ frets then tell me what you see

uhm, how do i raise the string height on Floyd Rose?
Quote by reeses
uhm, how do i raise the string height on Floyd Rose?

The easiest way to do it is to take an allen wrench to the two posts of the Floyd.
The posts are the portion that are actually built into the guitar - where the baseplate touches.

They're called "Pivot Screws" here, but that's what you'll adjust:
Last edited by Widow6 at Jul 13, 2010,
Also, make sure those fret-wires on the higher pitches are fully in the fretboard. On my old Epi, the 22nd fret-wire was slightly out of its pocket, and made bends and stuff fairly difficult.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me