i know that there's some drummers on UG, and i was wondering if anyone could give me some practice tips, or anything they found helpful while learning

thanks in advance
You can pm Fassa Albrecht for drumming tips.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
rock band taught me how to play drums almost four years ago. i just played on expert a lot. then i finally got a new set and just played along with songs i liked. now i'm pretty good i think.
yeah, i learned on rockband too, played on expert, and i just got a real set yesterday
Quote by TheClincher
rock band taught me how to play drums almost four years ago. i just played on expert a lot. then i finally got a new set and just played along with songs i liked. now i'm pretty good i think.

this is EXACTLY WHAT I DID MAN WHAT THE ****
Quote by TheClincher
Pretty much the same for me. I did take one class a few years ago in school that taught me some rudiments too, though. Paradiddles and flams and all. But other than that, just Rock Band.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
I taught myself. I got a small Yamaha electronic pad thing and just sat down and tried to play what I heard. Eventually I could do it, so I headed down to my friend's house to test it out on his real kit. There was absolutely no difference. It took me a matter of days to be able to handle asymmetric time signatures and do double kicks, blast beats, and other things that most beginning drummers find difficult. I found drumming to be really easy.
learn the fundamentals and stuff before you get to far into drumming. Otherwise, your technique will be off, and you'll have a lot of adjusting to do.

Screw rock band, I learned from Guitar Hero 4!
Basically, anyone HERE that plays drums is just from Rock Band. I can actually say I'm pretty good. Won't get Fooled Again on expert drums baby!!
Don't just play unaccompanied all the time. There's certainly nothing wrong with this, but you want to play along with some music as well. Put some music on your mp3 player, listen and try to see if you can emulate what the drummer is doing. Doing this helped me go from being an awful drummer to being an ok drummer.
You could just roll on down to the drum thread.
Maybe they can stick you in the right direction.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"