Make my signal stronger in the sense that, I won't lose as much tone with more cables and such?
Also if so, are there passive pickups that can do that even a bit?
I'm interested in Seymour Duncan invaders and emg 81
i would get the pickups that suit your tone and musical style. dont get high output pickups because yo are worried about signal loss.

if your that concerned about signal loss, stick to 12 ft cables (or shorter depending how many cables you use from guitar to FX, and then FX to amp) and try to get high quality FX, connectors, and make every effort within price range to get true bypass.

oh yeah, and get a power supply. even if it is a cheap 1 spot, dont se 9 volts. oh yeah and play well. thats step 1 in tone.

but dropping 200-300 in pickups because your worried in loss of tone isnt good...especially since pickups have thier own tone and might just give you a stronger tone that you dont even like.
Yes, there will be less loss with longer cables if you use actives.
Also, SD Invaders aren't active.

EDIT: If you are worried about tone loss, get one really good cable for going from your guitar to your pedals. After the pedals typically doesnt matter because there should be a buffer in there somewhere, unless you're using all true-bypass pedals.
Last edited by littlephil at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by ikey_
i would get the pickups that suit your tone and musical style. dont get high output pickups because yo are worried about signal loss.

if your that concerned about signal loss, stick to 12 ft cables (or shorter depending how many cables you use from guitar to FX, and then FX to amp) and try to get high quality FX, connectors, and make every effort within price range to get true bypass.

oh yeah, and get a power supply. even if it is a cheap 1 spot, dont se 9 volts. oh yeah and play well. thats step 1 in tone.

but dropping 200-300 in pickups because your worried in loss of tone isnt good...especially since pickups have thier own tone and might just give you a stronger tone that you dont even like.

Pretty much this, but regarding true bypass there's this .

That said, in reading that article remember that True Bypass is still better than a pedal with a bad buffer/bypass
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
boss buffer - acceptable. stock regular run of the mill cry baby wah....not good. good pedal but there is sme tone coloration. with i would have forked over a few more bucks and gotten the true bypass models (actually it was an x mas gift. oh well)
Most of now are true bypass, those pickups tho, I like them, that's why I mentioned them, and I know the invaders are passive, that'swhy I put them there after the passive question,

I have long cables because I do gigging an I move around alot I can afford a wireless unit, so a pickup seems like that would help, also I have been wanting those pickups for awhile now
A good quality cable will do the trick, but as for pickups, if you are worried about signal loss, pickups ain't gona solve that problem, the only problem pickups solve is tone, and how hot they are, and how hard do you want to drive your amp.

I have a BKP Painkiller, and it beats the living shit out of my old EMG 81's, 18 volt, but I'm having a problem with bad patch cables, they suck tone like no other.
Quote by Katsock
Most of now are true bypass, those pickups tho, I like them, that's why I mentioned them, and I know the invaders are passive, that'swhy I put them there after the passive question,

I have long cables because I do gigging an I move around alot I can afford a wireless unit, so a pickup seems like that would help, also I have been wanting those pickups for awhile now

If you're looking at wireless units, stay away from cheap ones. They will drain your tone more than anything else in your signal chain
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join