The Ultimate Tonewood Thread says yes, but with a hard finish. Warmoth says no. I'm not really sure if I can use it or not. The body and neck are both walnut, if it changes anything. Also, what exactly is a hard finish?
You can use it. I'm using it on a build now, check out my twin walnut RG builds to see. A hard finish is a clear coat.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
I'm planning on using two part epoxy for the finish, will that work? Also, can I do it as a single piece?
not that best way to do it, a clear coat it much easier, but that would work yes.
A single board? Yea.

If you mean a neck, then it would be a much better idea to do it in lams. Much stronger that way.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Last edited by metalwarrior40 at Jul 14, 2010,
make sure to use a mask when you cut it/sand it.

normally i just use a fan to blow the dust away from me, but every time i do anthing with walnut it always seems to make a really heavy dust that gives me flu-like symptoms for a week or two. that was until i learned it was a bad idea to not use a mask with it.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson