My dad had all his wisdom teeth out last year and he said it hurt like hell. But he drank bourbon to ease the pain, against the dentists orders.
edgy meems only friendo :^)
just had my right side taken out a few days ago, going for my left in about a week

worst part is lying around at home, throwing time away, and also the period after the surgery when the freezing wears off and the painkillers dont kick in yet...

I'd say just make yourself comfortable, and get some booze if you can, as smoking could be bad for the first couple days
it sucks. for me the worst part was the vicodin they gave me, i felt nauseous and tired and overall crappy. the pain wasn't really a factor for me, even when i didn't take the pills.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
when I got mine out I didn't have any of the problems I'd heard about, really

whatever meds they had me on during the operation made me feel like I was drunk for a few hours after it was over..but that wasn't so bad
my face was swollen for the next day or so, but I got a lady friend to make me soup and took painkillers, though I didn't really need them

I guess i may have got lucky, but..don't worry about it too much..it's not sooo bad
Not painful at all, I didn't need any of the Vicodin that was prescribed
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Quote by EvoLancer211
Not painful at all, I didn't need any of the Vicodin that was prescribed

They gave you sweet pills legally and YOU DIDN"T TAKE THEM!?
the actual operation didnt take too long, and the pain mostly disappeared for the following days, but when the numbing first wore off, I was in a state of complete hopeless pain

some feeling like delivering a child through a gaping hole in the back of your jaw
Quote by guylee

Vicodin sucks ass.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Quote by thenextkirk92
My dad had all his wisdom teeth out last year and he said it hurt like hell. But he drank bourbon to ease the pain, against the dentists orders.

Doing this within 24 hours of the surgery is a really bad idea. Dry socket is not fun.

OT: I got all 4 of mine out at once, too. Really, the worst part was how sore my jaw was, and not being able to eat anything remotely solid for like 3 days. Other than that, I suggest that you have the doctor write out the prescription for painkillers before you go into surgery, and have whoever is driving you go ahead and drop it off during the surgery. The laughing gas wears off 10-15 mins after you are taken off it, and by the time the surgery is actually finished, the novocaine will be waning, too.

DoomdEdit: Actually, I guess my surgery did take longer than most. They had to dig around in the back of my jaw for almost an hour (I was only like 15, so they hadnt really developed yet) But still, the period between the surgery ending and the pills kicking in was ridiculous.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Last edited by doomded at Jul 14, 2010,
The worst part is when you get food in the holes, but you don't feel it cause of the painkillers, so it starts to rot. Worst smell/taste ever.
Quote by guylee

Vicodin is garbage. It's just a mega-dose of Tylenol and a minuscule amount of hydrocodone, and to take enough to get high is putting you at tremendous risk of liver damage via an acetaminophen overdose. All it does for me is make me nauseous, it doesn't even get rid of a headache.

Quote by schecter ftw
So I shouldn't eat anything for a good solid week?

Your dentist will tell you, that's his job. You don't need to ask here.
You're*
Quote by guylee

Get out of here, House, you're up for clinicals today.

Fear the dry socket, TS. Fear it.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

The medicine makes you really sick and kind of crazy and you cant really go on the computer i remember i used to listen to all that remains by 3 alot when i got my out when i listen to it now i feel kinda wierd
GRABBIN PILLS

Quote by Zero-Hartman
I am 19 years old, and I don't know about my gear. I don't even know how to turn my amp on. I have been drinking.

LISTEN TO: PROBOT
Quote by schecter ftw
On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate the pain? I've had a friend tell me that a kick to the balls was more painful than the operation so..

Seriously.

Though I still have 2 to be taken out.

Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
I had all mine out in one go because they were growing forward into the teeth infront of them and mashing them to bits. Apparently they were really deep rooted aswell.

It was pretty crap for a week but it's not your worst nightmare. You going general or local anesthesia?

I forgot to take the pain killers about two days after and it was horrendously painful but stay on those and you'll hardly know except for a swollen mouth.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Last edited by EnyoAdonai at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by EnyoAdonai
I had all mine out in one go because they were growing forward into the teeth infront of them and mashing them to bits. Apparently they were really deep rooted aswell.

It was pretty crap for a week but it's not your worst nightmare. You going general or local anesthesia?

I forgot to take the pain killers about two days after and it was horrendously painful but stay on those and you'll hardly know except for a swollen mouth.

I have no idea, I believe its the laughing gas one (whichever that one is).
I refuse to take prescription pain pills. Every time I have them and take them I end up unable to crap for a week, unconscious for a week, drunk for a week, etc etc. I'll take some Tylenol and some pain over that crap.
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Hmm... seems the thread has been taken over by a swimming pool filled with sperm.

Quote by iantheman
Whenever I run out of tissues, I get worried that I'll be caught hopping through the hallway with my pants around my knees, a dying erection, and a fist full of semen.
It wasn't that bad. I got mine pulled in one visit. The worst period is the first 12 hours. You should take the painkillers though.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!