I've been playing on my T12 for soon a year and after a while when you've learned alot and gotten your basics it gets kinda boring to play on a begginers bass, though im still a begginer its not near how bad i was when i got it. So I thought with my 16th birthday coming up actually it is today.. 14th july yaay , I thought, why not as for my parents to invest in paying half of the bass .

So now i've come to you UG bass forum!
I Want you to recommend a 4 stringed bass that works great with heavy/thrash -metal.
I am looking for that bass with a sharp sound that fits perfectly with all kinds of metal.
I got around 280$ (2500 kronor, 250&euro My knowledge around basses is very small so I thought you could help me.
Finding a bass that is comfortable is a little difficult.
Do you like small frets or big frets?
Long necks or normal necks?
Big bodies or small bodies?
U shaped necks, C shaped necks or V shaped necks?
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
I dunno too much about basses, but my friend who's a bassist says that out of his 7 basses, the thunderbird is his fav and only cost around 200-300 bucks.
No. Do not get a Traben. Traben's are really low end basses. I mean, if you have...almost $300 and you're going to ask your parents to pay half, so you have $600 towards a bass right there. But it also depends on how you're going to use the bass.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
I dont want to sound like a fanboi or one sided, but my ESP F-204 is the best bass Ive played to date. Its discontinued now, but you can get thisthis well in your price range. It looks even better in person, the finish is awesome, just about everything is awesome.
Quote by Nolanrox
No. Do not get a Traben. Traben's are really low end basses. I mean, if you have...almost $300 and you're going to ask your parents to pay half, so you have $600 towards a bass right there. But it also depends on how you're going to use the bass.

With around $600, Traben can sure beat out most of its competition in its price range, something a little bit higher end then a regular Array, maybe an Array Limited or an Array Attack would work fantastically.

My vote goes to a form of Traben Array, an Ibanez SR, or a good ol' Fender.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I have around 150 so i can get a bass for around 300, not 600 :P'

This one is for around 300$ http://www.jam.se/produkt/Bas--el/A49607-Ibanez-mod-5050-Pro-Line-Series-cremevit---86--H863144.jam
Its used, it had some game wear but "fixed". Buts its a probass at the price of an ukele..
Just translate it off google :P

Been thinking of this too

http://www.musikborsen.se/itempg.aspx?id=837988&artno=201911

Maybe going down to the store and try it out..

Any thoughts on these basses related to metal?
If your current bass is still in good working order, my advice would be to either save up a bit more and move up a step for your next bass. A $300 Cort, Traben, Ibanez, Squier really isn't going to be much of an upgrade from the T12. You also might want to look at getting a new instead, a better amp is going to improve your sound much more than a new bass.

And if you can't stretch your budget or if your just incredibly impatient - look used. (Even if you do stretch the budget look used.) 300 bucks is going much farther user than new.
Quote by Captain Insano
If your current bass is still in good working order, my advice would be to either save up a bit more and move up a step for your next bass. A $300 Cort, Traben, Ibanez, Squier really isn't going to be much of an upgrade from the T12. You also might want to look at getting a new instead, a better amp is going to improve your sound much more than a new bass.

And if you can't stretch your budget or if your just incredibly impatient - look used. (Even if you do stretch the budget look used.) 300 bucks is going much farther user than new.

So you recommend getting a new amp for 300 rather then a new bass?