I'm looking for a way to run 2 different heads into one cab (eliminating the need for 2 cabs for each head), and this is the only option I have found that will allow me to do this. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Radial-Engineering-Headbone-VT-Amp-Head-Switcher-for-Tube-Amps?sku=153911

Are there any possible companies that make this type of switcher? My only other alternative would be getting a clean channel installed in one of my amps through FJA mods, but I really like the distortion and clean sounds I get from my two separate amps.
You found the thing that lets you do it..

You can't run 2 heads into 1 cab simultaneously because the cab's don't enjoy it. (From my experience anyway..)
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

which 2 amps we talking about here?
hopefully the windsor and the classic 50?
what you could do is wire up a cab in stereo and just run one amp into half the cab and the other into the other half.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
stereo cab, morley aby box. do it.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by AcousticMirror
which 2 amps we talking about here?
hopefully the windsor and the classic 50?
what you could do is wire up a cab in stereo and just run one amp into half the cab and the other into the other half.

Those are the 2. So are you saying that
1. If I get a cab that has an input for each amp's ohm load, and use an a/b pedal in front of both amps
or
2. Wire a 4x12 with 2 speakers wired for one amp and the other 2 wired for the other amp

would both of these options potentally work? I wouldnt be using both amps simultaneously, so it would be great if i could get both amps to be going through all 4 speakers at once as in #1.

I'm not quite sure if I understand the concept of what a stereo cab actually is....
Last edited by guns_rosesldb at Jul 14, 2010,
well you won't be able to get all four speakers going at once without the radial or something like this https://taweber.powweb.com/store/2head.htm

you have to have a dummy load hooked up to the head that is not in use.

your options 1 and 2 up there are the same. A stereo cab or a cab wired with 2 speakers for one amp and 2 for the other work the same way. The stereo cab just has the option of running all 4 speakers with 1 head but not all 4 with 2 heads.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Jul 14, 2010,
well you won't be able to get all four speakers going at once without the radial or something like this https://taweber.powweb.com/store/2head.htm

I think I like that better... much cheaper and simpler