I mean mentally and/or emotionally, rather than physically. I'm pretty sure most people have their own little idea of what maturity is.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Being able to hold an intelligent first conversation on omegle that last for 3 hours

like mine

and i mean smart convo not freaking interweb chat pronz
Someone who can make clever decisions and handle situations in a strong and grown up way.
In my opinion, maturity is being able to effectively handle/adapt to difficult situations that arise.

There's more to it than that, but I'm tired.
Well, I think it deals with the ability to take responsibility for your actions, as well as be able to stay emotionally stable and independent.

But what do I know.

edit:
Quote by Deadlock Riff
Being able to hold an intelligent first conversation on omegle that last for 3 hours

like mine

Just means you are lonely.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Last edited by Pencil Man at Jul 14, 2010,
"my opinion is wayyyyyy better than yours! tool sux, nickelback ftw!"

The opposite of that.
maturity= the ability not to make/laugh at dick jokes.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
The ability to realize that everyone is believing in false things like there BMW's and there Nikes and doesnt get the bigger picture in life.
Quote by deathdrummer

So 2 guys walk into a bar and there's a penis LOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, maturity is not doing that.
holy shit deja vu.
I swear I saw this exact thread awhile back, with these exact replies..... Or am I wrong?

edit:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1308089&highlight=maturity
It was that thread, but the threads are a bit different.

Quote by TheAbsentOne
So 2 guys walk into a bar and there's a penis LOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, maturity is not doing that.

I actually laughed at that
Last edited by Ignite at Jul 14, 2010,
Ability to let things go, take responsibility for your actions, and ability to admit you're wrong. Lots of other things too, but I can't be arsed.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Quote by Ignite
I actually laughed at that

I chuckled when I typed it and then read it. So obviously I'm not the definition of maturity
is staying in an oblivious, child-like state really all that wrong? what do you gain from maturity, other than the pretense that causes friction between children and adults?
Quote by MakinLattes
is staying in an oblivious, child-like state really all that wrong? what do you gain from maturity, other than the pretense that causes friction between children and adults?

Immature people are annoying. They think they're "fun" but no one really cares, they're just annoying.
Not saying "....and that's what she said!" all the time.
That's a potato sack. Condoms don't fit.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by captaincrunk
Immature people are annoying. They think they're "fun" but no one really cares, they're just annoying.

yeah, I am annoying sometimes. hence my hermit-like withdrawal from the world..
to paraphrase socrates, "i only know one thing, and that is that i know nothing."

when one can honestly say that, they're a mature individual. when one ceases to be convinced they are right and everyone else is wrong, they are mature. when you're willing to admit you're wrong even when you may not be wrong, that's mature.
#DTWD
Quote by MakinLattes
yeah, I am annoying sometimes. hence my hermit-like withdrawal from the world..

You're not immature though. I don't care if you think you are, you aren't, not by my definition. My definition is more of a selfish worldview thing exclusive to children and immature people.
Quote by primusfan
to paraphrase socrates, "i only know one thing, and that is that i know nothing."

when one can honestly say that, they're a mature individual. when one ceases to be convinced they are right and everyone else is wrong, they are mature. when you're willing to admit you're wrong even when you may not be wrong, that's mature.

Davey have you read any Herman Hesse?
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
Davey have you read any Herman Hesse?

nope. but how i wish that i had HESSE'S GIRL! BAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH!

kidding. what would you recommend?
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
nope. but how i wish that i had HESSE'S GIRL! BAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH!

kidding. what would you recommend?

I think you'd like it. I haven't read Steppenwolf or The Glass Bead Game, but they're all about self-exploration and awareness about the nature of life.

and tell Sara to add me on Facebook
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
nice. my friend recommended i read nietzsche's on the future of educational institutions so i've been reading that, but when i'm finished (if i'm finished) i'll check it out.

probz gonna buy death in venice today. so maybe i'll try to grab that one as well.
#DTWD
based on the posts I've seen you make this past while it seems like it'd be your thing.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by captaincrunk
You're not immature though. I don't care if you think you are, you aren't, not by my definition. My definition is more of a selfish worldview thing exclusive to children and immature people.

that kind of center of the universe mentality. I can accept this.
Erm... I don't think it's a strict one-line answer.

I guess.... being mature enough to realise what immaturity is, is part of it.
STRIKING MINORS
Quote by Mources
Erm... I don't think it's a strict one-line answer.

I guess.... being mature enough to realise what immaturity is, is part of it.

Isn't that a bit of a circular definition?

That said, I'm not sure how to define maturity, since I don't think it's something I've obtained yet.
I think the most important factors are independence and the ability to solve your own problems.
Becoming independent and successful.

Accepting your mistakes, and being as emotionally stable as possible.
One can distinguish maturity (or lack of it) in many UG threads, posts. etc.

In a nutshell it is the realization that this is a BIG WORLD. The world is not about YOU, your likes, dislikes, etc.

Sample:

Let's have a party. What music should I play?

Immature person starts listing his/her own favorite bands, etc.

Mature person firsts asks: 'Who is going to be there and what do you think THEY would like?

Maturity is the ability to have a perspective beyond oneself. This builds on itself with new experiences, insights, etc. In contrast, immature individuals often go through life with self-imposed blinkers on.
Last edited by Raptorfingers at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by Deadlock Riff

like mine

Oh how I love trolling Omegle. Thanks for reminding me.
Quote by primusfan
to paraphrase socrates, "i only know one thing, and that is that i know nothing".

Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Quote by deathdrummer

Sometimes when I read the word "but", I add another t to it's end. Never fails to make me chuckle. And I consider myself relatively mature.

The biggest mistake is to assume that everything in life is srs business. Most of the time it's not.
Quote by Retro_jetro
Maturity is knowing that the volume knob turns left

You win this thread. You get a cookie, except there's no cookie smiley so here's a llama
Quote by Retro_jetro
Maturity is knowing that the volume knob turns left

Champion right here.

Well, I don't think that everyone can be an adult all the time. There will be times where people will laugh at an immature joke or situation, or do things impulsively without thinking first. To me, maturity is acknowledging these things will happen, but when the time comes for being wise and reasonable, then the person will be an adult and deal with whatever life presents them in a chill, sophisticated manner. Also, being able to learn from mistakes. That is REALLY important.

Traits to look for:

Patience
Stoicism
Ability to listen and understand
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.