As a brief first "real" project, I'm in the planning stages of building a cabinet. Same dimensions as a Marshall angled cab, white tolex. Anyways, I came across this Fender product, and it seems to make wiring a cabinet really, really, easy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Speaker-cabinet-Stereo-mono-Jack-Plate-Fender-/380243475187?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588846faf3#ht_2267wt_913

I'm pretty new to head/cabinet amps, having played nothing but combos before. If I wired this in to the 8ohm speakers I currently have, and built the cab like that, would the setup shown in the diagram work?

Link to diagram (BIG PIC)

The green line represents a possible continuation. If using the fender jack plate works as I hope it will, I would build a second cab that's nearly identical and have a cord running from the 1st cab to the left input on the 2nd cab.
DIO FOREVER
Last edited by 60CycleHum at Jul 14, 2010,
the first link wont work unless your making a duo speaker system and not a 4x12 cab.

and umm i think you got some shiz real ocnfused as in the pic u had made
in the 2nd pic, i have nearly no idea whats going on

and ive spent quite a while trying to understand this now...
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
This will in no way work.
Problem:
1. Headphone jacks do not have enough power in them to power an 8Ohm Cab.
2. That thing on eBay will not work for a 4x12" only a 2x12" or 2x10" or any other size.
3. The left and right outputs are in no way connected.
4. I think you're missing the meaning of Stereo. Stereo means a pair, generally, Left and Right. To use stereo, Your amp must have Left and Right outputs.
5. Well, I don't really have a number 5.

Save up your money or something, and but an Amp Head.
Report back when you've bought a good one.
My eyes are going blurry... Need sleep.
..I was watching my death.