Hi UG.

I have a PRS SE Custom, the one with the trem arm (whammy bar for the Americans!). However, whenever I use it, even slightly, the strings go out of tune extremely quickly. Is there any way around this?

Thanks.
Tom.
Quote by strat0blaster
HA!

Well played, my friend.

I'm going to edit that awful grammar right now

Yay, I'm sigged!!
And a grammar nazi..
I was thinking about that. However, I don't know ANYTHING about tuners or really anything DIY guitarwise, so do you have any suggestions on a brand that will fit my PRS?
I'd ask how to fit it, but I'm fairly confident that Google will deliver on that front.
Quote by strat0blaster
HA!

Well played, my friend.

I'm going to edit that awful grammar right now

Yay, I'm sigged!!
And a grammar nazi..
Sounds like you need to file the nut, some of the strings are binding so a little filing will do the trick, plus a little lubricant in the slots afterwards should cure the problem.
heres what i do on my Strat. You can combine vaseline with pencil lead to make a black formula. Spread it on the nut. Make sure not to put to much of it. Then adjust the tremolo to be floating. Make sure its just enough like about 2 or 1mm. Also you can do the string locking method which helps alot http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/stringing.htm

It wont stay intune like a floyd though, but its close enough to use your whammy without going out of tune every second of a gig.
What is thall? THALL
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
POD HD500
Carvin DCM1000L
Behringer Rack Tuner
Carvin Rack Case
Mogami Cables
also you wanna stretch your strings alot.
What is thall? THALL
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
POD HD500
Carvin DCM1000L
Behringer Rack Tuner
Carvin Rack Case
Mogami Cables
locking tuners won't be any better than normal ones if the strings are wound properly.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Graphtech Tusq nut should solve the problem. Locking tuners will help as well. Schaller M6 lockers are a direct swap on SE's and Graphtech part number PT-6060-00 is as close to a direct swap as a nut can be. I did both of these mods on my SE straight out of the box. As the stock SE nut and tuners are well known as the weakest link on the guitars.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500