My neighbors called the cops on me(again) for playing music to loud! Im fed up with them so I want find out is there a way to plug headphones into my pedal board? I have eight pedal(two distortion and 6 effects) and I want to plug headphones into the end of the pedal chain, is there some device I can buy that will let me do that?
Yeah, a Vox Amplug.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jul 14, 2010,
So I just plug the vox amplug at the end of my chain and my headphones into the vox and I'm good to go?
Yep
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
nevermind
the amplug is a good idea
Last edited by philipk at Jul 14, 2010,
The amplugs run on two AAA batterries. They last quite a few hours. I use rechargeable ones in mine. I use mine heaps, it's just so convenient. I just plug it straight into the guitar but I have tried it with a couple of pedals too and it worked fine.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Just get a converter, they're very cheap and located in all sorts of different electronic shops.

Plug the 3/4 end into the last pedal in your chain and then plug in a pair of headphones.
^Problem...
You cant plug headphones into an RCA Jack :p

Hey... Just realized, you're from Kelowna! Wicked!
..I was watching my death.
If you get the right converter it will work.

But that brings up two problems

1. the signal will usually not be anywhere near loud enough unless your using a booster pedal and (possibley) active pickups.

2. The signal is only mono.
Quote by timbit2006
^Problem...
You cant plug headphones into an RCA Jack :p

Hey... Just realized, you're from Kelowna! Wicked!

Oh I just realized that is an RCA jack, well there are converters with 3.5 mm inputs, that's what I use sometimes. Anyway ya! What instruments do you play? do you by any chance play the drums or have a drum kit?

Also to above post: the signal isn't too quiet, it's true that it's only in mono but it gets the job done.
Last edited by Z0S07657 at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by denied
There really needs to be some kind of preamp/boost for it to sound at all good through headphones..

Exactly, which is precisely what an Amplug is. A headphones amp that makes a passable attempt at sounding like a guitar amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
depends what pedal you have, i use a Boss DD20 which has a headphone amp and headphone out so just plug into that at the end of my chain! problem solved which is nice But unless you already have a multifx pedal or double Boss one, amplug is probably the best idea!